Chapter 67: Laughing Coffin

Half an hour later, they finished eating. They got so engrossed in it that they only felt full after eating everything on the table.

"Now that everyone's done, let's go to the real rewards." Shiro said so as he took out five gift boxes of different colors. It is small, to the point that it can fit in a palm.

"Those are..."

"The limited drops in the Christmas event."

Sasamaru recognized the item in front of Shiro, <<Gift Box>>.

"That's right."

During Christmas, there's a chance of getting these boxes, in which a player can receive some items when opened. Apart from those, there are also empty <<Gift Box>> whereas a player can place an item to be customized as a gift.

Shiro received almost a thousand of those, which speaks for its huge drop rate.

Of course, whether they would receive a good item is another question.

"Advance Merry Christmas." Shiro said so while he placed each <<Gift Box>> in front of them.

'We might not meet for quite a long time after this ends...'

Since it'll be troublesome to travel between worlds back and forth, there's a huge chance that Shiro can only see them once a year. He earns points around 95~100 every day, so it'll take him more than 20 days just to earn enough for a round-trip travel.

"Ah, right. Let's talk about something later, Keita-kun."

"I understand."

*****

"How's the Laughing Coffin issue?"

"The guilds are busy preparing for it right now. They take them seriously, after all."

In the courtyard, a serious conversation is happening. Unlike their previous easy-going demeanors, Keita and Shiro took this matter seriously. The former wanted them apprehended to reduce the obstacles for clearing this game and the safety of his guildmates.

As for the latter, well... They ought to pay for what they'd done to a chat group member.

He got pissed at that time that he swore to do their punishment through Hammurabi's style.

"Where are their headquarters?"

"It's a surprise, but it's in the 50th floor."

"Hah. The irony."

Their location was never divulged in the light novel nor the anime, but he clearly didn't expect for them to reside in the 50th floor. That's where the strongest guild, Knights of Blood, reside!

'That guy's mocking them, for sure. Just wait until I kill you...'

There's a good reason as to why he's very annoyed with that guild. Their attempts of tracking them down never ended until a few months ago. That's right, the rest of the Chat Group members got targeted, too.

Shiro knew about such informants of them hiding as green players, but it's quite a trouble for them to locate those players.

The only way to stop those annoyances would be to kill their roots, namely Prince of Hell (PoH).

"You guys will participate in this crusade?"

"We're still deciding if we would. There's some chances that they might... kill other people."

Due to SAO's nature, a single critical hit can one-hit a player. That's also why Kirito had killed some players even when he didn't mean to. There's also the Corridor Crystals that could transport them to Town of Beginning's prison that would allow them to avoid such a bloodbath.