Chapter 131: Advent to the Past

A/N: The italized parts can be considered as the thoughts of the said character. It is partly a 1st PoV under the 3rd PoV that I usually use to write chapters.

*****

[Time Skip].

A derivative ability that Shiro made from [Time Control]. Unlike his [Time Accel] or [Time Quagmire], two simple applications on manipulating time, [Time Skip] has many factors involved in it.

First of all, it's in the domain of [Causality Control]. Instead of doing a cause to achieve the effect, [Time Skip] goes straight to the effect. Though, its backlash would be higher the farther he goes in time.

It's not like there aren't any overpowered abilities without backlashes...

Its backlash is severe, however. Similar to Kiritsugu, the time that he skipped would be placed onto the user, his body to be exact, ALL at once. The heartbeats, blood flow, energy consumption, perception, and thoughts will form a stack before stuffing it all at once to the user.

Forget about the mental fatigue that Shiro experienced, just the physical aspects is enough to wreck him.

Due to the sudden increase of heartbeats and inconsistency in his blood flow, his veins ruptured while his cells got overwhelmed, causing his internal organs a very severe damage. It is unlike Kiritsugu's backlash as he only slows down time—Shiro skipped time itself.

Fortunately, he has his own [Avalon] equivalent lest he ends up death and use up the revival effect of his "A Foreigner's Buff". The said equivalent is none other than [Phenex's Regeneration].

With the godly regenerative abilities on it, he barely managed to live; his injuries were too severe for the ability to heal him up all at once, even with his mana constantly spent. Moreover, there's still a very tiny damage to his soul due to his mana being involved to it.

The latter took the most out of [Phenex's Regeneration] that he's not yet fully healed even with Roman helping him. That's with Roman being paranoid that made him buy many restorative items.

Thanks to his help, Shiro's situation was stabilized after a day had passed.

"Mn..."

Grunting, he slowly opened his heavy eyelids.

'An unfamiliar ceiling.' He thought. 'I've long wanted to say this..!'

Thinking about the classic isekai cliche made him distracted for a while, which made him forget about his current predicament. Shiro tried moving a part of his body, but is met with pain instead.

'F*ck. My entire body is wrecked.'

It is not wrong to say that his every single cell is damaged from the action that he did yesterday. Even if they started healing themselves, his ability couldn't fully dedicate it to them and instead heal his broken soul.

'Urgh!'

Feeling a slight migraine, he finally realized what happened to it.

'Soul damage? Just like the one in the memories.'

In his memories as "Hero", there's a time that he went beyond his current capabilities, absorbing mana that far surpassed his limits to use an ultimate technique. As a result, his soul, the vessel of mana, got damaged.

Since [Armament Convergence] required 10,000 Mana, his self who acted during the time skip took in greater amounts of mana to reach 10,000. Moreover, [Time Skip] required even more mana, which is around 30,000 Mana.

Meaning, he overexerted himself by intaking more than 54 times that what he could handle... ALL AT ONCE, to add on. If not for the fact that everything came from his [Energy Box (S)] that stored mana in an independent space, the injuries would've been worse than now.