Chapter 142: Prelude to a Long Night

"Pfft! That's one hell of a side effect!"

"Yeah, yeah." Shiro replied disinterestedly to Roman's joke.

Every time Shiro uses up the [Tail Gear], it... transforms him into a young girl. A Tokusatsu-Mahou Shoujo hybrid, to be exact. He doesn't know why the hell it has that kind of function, but he's left with no choice but to use it now that the situation's dire.

Right now, she's quite busy playing with flames. To be more exact, the two new kinds of flames that she got by using the [Tail Gear]. On her right hand, a pure white flame is present. It didn't have any maliciousness in it, only pure gentleness.

On the other hand, a pure black flame is present on her left hand. It emitted an ominous aura, something that will be immediately seen as harmful.

As for their effects, it's simple. The white flame can 'restore' anything it touches, be it living or non-living things. Meanwhile, the black flame can 'corrode' anything that it comes in contact with. It's similar to a DoT (Damage over Time) in RPG games.

Though, what's more interesting is the fact that if they are fused, they'll create endless attraction, which will only strengthen the flames' destructive power. That's right, their fusion will only bring 'destruction', nothing else.

Shiro had suddenly fused the flames on top of her hands before adding in her previous flames into the mix. The crimson red flame from Surtr's flame, the bright white flame from hell... They swirled around the fused white-black flames, integrating with it slowly through the help of Shiro's max-level control stat.

By the time they are fully fused, it remained black and white. Still, it gained the characteristics of Surtr's flame and the hell flames, which is its aggressive and purifying powers, respectively.

Roman, sensing the power of those compressed flames in Shiro's palms, nodded in admiration. He knew how hard it is to fuse different things at once, yet Shiro had done it in a minute. Perhaps, she could even surpass him in his time as the "King of Magus".

After all, control is one of the most crucial factors as a mage.

Pachi-!

Shiro clapped both of her hands that made the flames disappear.

"Hey, Roman. You'll use High-speed Divine Words, right?"

"Yeah?"

"Then... You can penetrate concepts well?"

"Yes, why?"

"I have a feeling... that the thing won't go down in one shot."

Shiro said before she started to activate the arrays one by one.

"You've set up a flag just now."

Hearing this, Shiro replied, "I did. When I fought with Sayaka, I got some hints..."

She told their summarized fight to him, including how Walpurgisnacht is some kind of "Quasi-Demon" or something.

"That one... It's the same as Ars Paulina. We'll need to think of a way against its "Immortality" or... brute-force through it."

"How about using the [Beyond 0th Form] of [Judgement of Shamash] or [Black Abyss]?"

Unlike the original, Roman's [Void Archives] provided him of a way to use the power far beyond a Divine Key's 0th form, something that 'perfectly' replicates a Herscherr's powers unlike the 0th form.

(A/N: The 0th form is the ultimate move of a Divine Form, so as to speak. Though, it's few levels below the original Herscherr's power.)

While this uses every stored energy inside the 1st Herscherr's core, making it unusable for a few weeks to a month, it is extremely worth-while.