Still Learning to Love {26}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

It's been 5 days since your date with Kakashi and you haven't seen him since. You haven't even left your house. You've barely eaten or gotten out of bed.

All motivation has left your body and you just want to die. The guilt of what you did to Hisashi; killing him. That guilt is still present in every inch of your body.

And it's not that you're still in love with him. You love him, you do. But over time being in love with him has faded. He just won't leave your mind. You like Kakashi, you really, really do. And you want to make something out of him... but there's no other feeling than guilt.

But today you've decided you would get ready and go to the store. Not for anything specific but just to get out of the house. Because being cooped up for too long isn't the best for your mental health and you know that.

You look in the mirror and slightly smile to yourself. You have just a simple outfit on with light makeup, but you think you look amazing. Probably because of how horrid you've looked for the past two days.

Satisfied with how you look, you leave your house with a content face and walk down the street, giving small nods and fake smiles to people passing you.

Not even 5 minutes in, a familiar happy voice comes from behind you. "Hey, Y/N-sensei!" Naruto screams and runs toward you. You turn around and plaster a fake smile to the boy and apparently Sakura too. "Hi Naruto, hi Sakura."

Sakura looks you up and down and her eyes practically pop out of her face. Naruto does the same and his jaw drops to the floor, his eyes going white. "Y/N-sensei! Your outfits are always so cute, where do you find these clothes!" Sakura squeals with her hands by her face.

You look down and purse your lips, not finding anything special about your outfit. But before you can say anything the two kids get really close to you and look at you with desperate eyes. "Please come back to our team! Sai is weird!" Sakura whisper shouts.

Naruto aggressively nods his head. "For real! He doesn't even smile right. It's kind of creepy!"

You slightly feel bad for how they're speaking about Sai but you don't reprimand them. Instead, you grab both of their faces gently and give them a closed-eye smile. "I would, but it's not my decision. Now I better get going." Dropping their faces, you turn around and walk away.