The Night We Met {18}

*TRIGGER WARNING* (reason in comments)

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Small breaths suddenly appear to your lifeless body and the moonlight hits your eyes, forcing them open. Your head is pounding like a hammer as your slowly sit up.

Looking around you, you see Grandma Hisa, Mai, and Zankoku, each dead. It looks like a scene from a horror movie. The stone of the ground that was grey yesterday is now stained a deep red. The rotting smell of corpses makes you physically gag and bring your weak hand to your nose.

Your throat clogs as you see Grandma Hisa's lifeless body, but tears spill once you see Mai laying in her own blood. Neither of them can be saved.

But why are you alive? You don't even want to be alive. You died. You know you died. You got what you deserved; death. It's what you didn't know would be your solution. Death is the ultimate escape from every last problem.

And you got it.

So why are you not dead?

You stand up, the excruciating pain still pulsating all around your body, and walk to Mitsue's grandmother. She has a smile on her face, she looks content. You look down at her hands and see a paper, which you grab and open to see sloppy handwriting and drops of blood covering it.

Y/N Akihako,

If you are reading this, it worked. I gave you the rest of my life. Don't feel bad about anything, you deserve this, think of it as a favor to your sensei, who kept you safe for the ones that weren't there to do so.

Because although you may not know it, he has been protecting you for years now. Trust me on that.

I can tell that you hold him in a special place in your heart. The way your eyes light up when you speak of him is mesmerizing. Go tell him how much he means to you.

But I've lived my life, yours is just starting. I know what you're probably thinking, "Why didn't you just revive Mai?" Well, it would have been useless. She would have died as soon as she tried to leave these death grounds alone.