No Longer Who I Was {60}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

He reads the letter over and over again, killing his pain every time he rereads it. There are so many questions he has about it.

Yet there's no way to get any answers.

All he wants is for you to come back. He doesn't understand how one can be so happy with another, yet leave. Especially someone who wasn't loved for so long and finally got the love they deserved.

But there are a couple of problems. As soon as he read a certain small paragraph in the letter, he already made up his mind.

He in fact will not be finding someone else to make him happy. Nor let you go. What's the point? Everyone that's made him happy in his life leaves. It seems useless of him to find any more happiness.

Does he even deserve to be happy? Maybe this is the way of the universe showing him that he deserves nothing but the worst.

For all of the sins he's committed;

You were his punishment.

He wipes the tears from his eyes and keeps reading. The day grows golden and strong winds whip against him. But he pays no mind. He's only focused on the paper in his hands.

Until an unearthly strong wind hits him and rips the paper from his hand, sending it into the air. His eyes widen and there's no hesitation before he steps onto the railing, jumping from the cliff to be able to catch your paper.

Everything around him is black except a spotlight on the floating paper. The world is moving in slow motion. Nothing matters except the letter.

Nothing.

——————

You lay on the ground feeling emptier than you ever have before. You push that familiar smile on your face and stare at the stone wall. It doesn't help. You hum that tune. It doesn't help. You think of happy times at home. It doesn't help.

Why can't I feel anything?

Suddenly, you get inhuman chills all over your body and Kakashi's face shoots into your mind.