Past the Moon & Beyond the Stars {43}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"Wow."

A voice comes from the door and you look over to see Kakashi standing there, his eye is soft and there's a sweet smile outlined in his mask that you can see from the candles burning in the chandelier above, sending a warm tone around the entire room.

When his eyes landed on you, it's an understatement to say that he's fallen in love all over again. His stomach is doing flips and his heart is beating quicker. Seeing you in such attire is beyond breathtaking.

"Evening Kakashi." You say and lean on your hand, a glacé smile spread on your face. Kenji examines the clear love in your eyes and takes that as his cue to leave, bowing to Kakashi on his way out.

As soon as Kenji shuts the door, you get up and skip over to Kakashi, holding your dress with your hands. When you reach him, a smile beams from your face as you stand there holding your hands in front of you and standing tall, feeling absolutely gorgeous all done up like this.

Kakashi takes a moment to take in your undeniable beauty and a smile of his own is engraved into his face. "You look... wow... just... wow." He's always thought you're beautiful, but this is different. You look like a real princess.

You look at him, who is simply wearing his usual uniform, and keep the same smile. "Why thank you." You curtsy playfully. He places his hand on the back of your neck and presses a gentle kiss onto your forehead, absolutely adoring you.

As your cheeks redden, you laugh and hold his hand in yours. "So what was your evening like?" You ask.

He shrugs and suddenly wraps his arms around your waist, pulling you into him and resting his head on your shoulder. "Boring, I'm glad I finally get to see you though. I missed you a lot."

You're going to miss his embrace so, so much and you already know it. Everything melts away when you're in his hold. It feels like he's protecting you from all of the hurt, pain, and evil of the world.

You begin to pull away after maybe thirty seconds but he only holds tighter. "Wait, don't pull away... not yet." He whispers. You do as he asks with no protest or hesitation at all. You simply close your eyes and securely wrap your arms around his strong neck.