Oblivious {50}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"But it's been 2 weeks." You say anxiously and kick a pebble across the floor from the bench you're sitting on.

Iruka gives you a reassuring smile and keeps his hands on your shoulder. "It's Kakashi. I'm sure he's fine. He is an S-ranked ninja after all."

Ever since the storm, you've been spending quite a bit of time with Iruka. And now that you finally have time alone with your life-long best friend; he really has come to realize just how in love you are with Kakashi.

Now does he actually approve and like the relationship? No.

But you don't hate him for it. Not only would you prefer to leave on a good note with everyone. But he just has always been overprotective of you. Besides, you don't need his validation.

You slump into the seat and cross your arms. "Everyone said I was fine. Then I literally died."

Iruka forces a chuckle and shakes his head. "I guess you're right, but everyone had a feeling you weren't. Especially Kakashi. He would go to the Hokage demanding they send someone out to bring you home. Human instinct I guess." He explains.

And they didn't send anyone?

Now what your mother told you about them forcing her to kill your family is far more believable. Maybe they sent you out on that mission knowing you wouldn't come back.

Putting the two together makes a lot of sense.

You sigh and shrug your shoulder. "If you say so..." You aren't sure if you have a feeling something is wrong. But you do have a feeling something isn't right.

It's a long time for someone to be on a mission that they were assigned on such short notice.

A few more minutes of conversation fly by until a familiar person walks up to you, making your words stop.

Iruka sees this and takes his leave, allowing the kid to sit beside you but as far as possible.

It's quiet for a while before Sasuke breaks it. "5 weeks?" You nod your head and look around to make sure no one is around any longer. "Yup, 5 weeks. It's not too late to change your mind, Sasuke. I know you feel guilty... because I feel really guilty."