Mafuyu {45}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

The ball was two days ago, and today is your last full day of being fake royalty. And honestly, you're beyond fine with it. Everything is getting tiring and all you want is to wear a pair of shorts again.

Yesterday was a simple, quiet day. You spent the entire day in the inside garden you love so much as you read books you grabbed from the library.

It was such a beautiful calm feeling that filled you while you sat in the grass reading those books. Food was brought to you every couple of hours and not a single soul bothered you.

That part of being royalty is definitely a score.

The only problem is that you feel bad for Kakashi. He's been having to go through all of this hard work while you're— quite literally— forced to have the time of your life and relax as much as possible.

But today is apparently going to be a bit busy though. There's a coronation in the town that you have to attend and everything since you're a higher up. But luckily Kakashi will be with you.

And something even better is that Kakashi will be next to you the whole time since he's your guard.

You're handed a basket of bread and you all exit the castle, walking across the bridge and over the stream. You're in front holding Kakashi's arm while Kenji is behind you both.

It's custom for the man in the couple to walk behind the woman for some reason. Honestly, you really weren't listening when that was explained to you.

The dress you're wearing is the same from your first day here except the outer layer is a deep red instead of black. Your hair is done and you have the same small tiara from the ball.

You walk down the stoned road, looking from side to side at all of the shops and beautiful carnations hanging from each lamppost.

Those slightly trigger you though. The last time you've seen carnations in such a variety was at your memorial.

Kakashi notices your slight tenseness and flexes his arm, reassuring you it'll be okay.

Lots and lots of townspeople are waving, bowing, and smiling at you. You're in the highest regard of respect and you can't help but love the feeling. Not because you're above them, but because you feel special.