Turn Away {29}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You sit across from Iruka and steal a piece of meat from his plate. "So the mission went alright?" He asks. You nod and scoop up some rice. "Well, it was barely even a mission in the first place. But besides... almost, y'know. Yes, it went fine."

Iruka tenses his muscles and looks at you a bit sad, seeing your discomfort with the topic. "I'm sorry that happened to you, Y/N. If anything like that ever happens to you, promise that you'll come to me. I wouldn't ever invalidate you for anything you tell me."

An odd smile approaches your lips and you look up at him. "You invalidated me about Kakashi."

The male tenses up and sweatdrops, looking down at his food. "I-I know. I'm sorry, alright? I support whatever you do. I just don't... approve of the relationship, I guess." He admits.

Your smile falls and you look down at your food. Truthfully you would kill for Iruka's approval. He means quite a bit to you and has pretty much been your caretaker since you were a mere 5-year-old and met in the rain after being saved from a boy you don't remember the face of.

In fact, those memories are flooding back and make you slightly laugh. "Do you remember how we met, Iruka?" You ask, making him look back to you and forget the prior subject.

He smiles and leans back in his chair, examining your smiling face. "I do."

Five years old

"Baa baa black sheep have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full." You shakily sing while sitting on the swing, your legs not being able to touch the ground.

The rain continues to pound down on the Earth while booms of thunder scare you. But all you do is continue to sing and close your eyes, trying to ignore the fact that you're completely lost and alone in the middle of the dark night.