Press Me to Your Heart {11}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Four Years Ago

As you pant, heavy sweat runs down your face, your hands resting on your bruised knees. "I- I can't do anymore. It's too- too much." You pant through pain, your legs aching so bad that they're burning.

A harsh kick is landed on your side that throws you to the wall, the stone cracking and breaking to bits, making pieces of it fall onto your body.

You've been training for about eight hours straight, not one break between the nonstop attacks. And the worst part about it is that this isn't your trainer, so the person 'sparring' with you doesn't know your limits.

Or they're just ignoring them. Either way, you can't even stand any longer.

More hits are launched against you, making the crater in the wall larger and larger, blood pooling in your mouth. It's just hit... after hit... after hit. Each punch to your stomach makes your lungs spasm, breathing in blood as well.

But suddenly they stop all at once.

The attacks are gone and you're just sitting against the deep crater, blood leaking from the side of your mouth. You're so physically tired that you can barely open your eyes.

But you're also mentally drained. Last night wasn't a good night. You were forced to sleep alone for the first time in a year. Because every night before last night you had slept in the same bed as Hisashi... the only person who cares about you.

It isn't like what you'd think though. When you lay in bed together, it's only because he sneaks from his sleeping quarters to yours, being as quiet as possible and risking his life just to hold you.

Because he knows you. And he knows that being held by someone you care about is the only thing that keeps you sane.

As you're slouched against the shell-hole in the wall, you groan a bit and pull your eyebrows together, confused as to why the hits just came to a halt.