Part 2: Hisashi {10}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

I watch the two lovers say "I do", with a heavy heart.

I can tell by the way she looks at him, that I am now less than a memory.

And I guess this is my goodbye.

To our many good memories and the few bad,

To our inside jokes and the ones we never quite got,

And to all the what-ifs we had and all the plans we made.

You know, there's this quote that I remember. It goes "If someone is okay with losing you, they never really cared for you". I used to believe it.

Not anymore.

Because I'm okay with her going to him. And while I'm losing her, I'm okay with that too. But I did care for her. I cared for her more than I did myself.

I still do.

I'm extremely lucky to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

But seeing these two in such love. It makes me wonder. We're her and I soulmates?

I believed we were. I truly did. All I knew is there was something eternal about us. Some sort of infinite continuity between her and I. Before the ocean learned to dance on the shore. Before the stars found their way home. Somehow, in someway, in those I saw remnants of her and I.

But seeing the way her eyes look at his... those are now remnants of her and him.

Maybe, just maybe, we weren't soulm-

Suddenly, in her wedding gown, she looks up and it seems as if she's making eye contact with me as she looks at the wispy cloud.

And she mouths two words.

Thank you.

I smile and watch as she tilts her head back down, leaving me with as much closure as I could want.

I may not have been her soulmate, but she was mine.

And I'm okay with that.

As my heart is heavy, my love is strong. I finally begin disappearing with a smile. I smile like I'm seeing her for the first time, knowing she's in safe hands.

And as I fade away, leaving the old world behind for who knows how long, her smile guides me to the light. The bitter sweet light. And I will never forget her.

She was my forever... and I was her one moment.

But again, I'm okay with that. Because as long as she's happy, that's all I crave.

Although, I can't say I'm leaving without regrets.

If I had known things would turn out this way, I might have stayed up a little longer, talked a little longer, and hugged her a little longer.

How foolish of me- to think we would last... to think I wouldn't have regrets.

But please, if you can hear this... please listen.

Please love him like you did me— love him like it's his last day on Earth. Because I remember that specific love, and I only wish I could live it again.

And as I leave this world, meet me in my dreams and stay a little while, please.

I miss and love you, Y/N... Hatake.