Apparently Too Slovenly {42}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You trudge down to the gate with your bag slung over your shoulder. It's the morning of your mission and you couldn't sleep for shit last night. The sun isn't even up yet, and you're pissed you have to be.

"He's gonna be late." You mutter to yourself before putting your back against the pillar of the gate, sliding down and shutting your eyes as you hug your knees to your chest.

As you begin to drift away into the peaceful bliss of sleep, you quickly snap your eyes open and adjust them, knowing very well that you shouldn't be falling asleep outside alone. So instead, you rest your head on the wood behind you and begin humming.

Humming the same tune as always.

But this time, it doesn't bring you comfort. It brings quite the opposite.

Tears well in your eyes and you thickly swallow nothing, controlling your breathing as much as possible. Your chin quivers and you look up to the moon, hating yourself when memories of Hisashi flow into your brain.

You love Kakashi. You love him with all of your heart.

But there's no saying that he's your first love.

That spot belongs to another.

- 4 years ago -

"You know, I've always loved the moon." The blond boy said, looking into the night sky while you laid your head on his shoulder.

Turning your head to look above, you looked around at all the stars and smiled. "I dunno. I think stars are prettier." You quietly said with a laugh.

Hisashi parted his golden eyes from the sun and looked at your own, the reflection of the moon flickering off of the beautiful purple color.

"No, the moon is most definitely what I love."

Your eyes squinted as you scrunched your nose with a laugh, turning your head and meeting his gaze. He also laughed and a blush grew on his cheeks so he turned his head back to the sky, trying to hide a bit.