Part 2: Resentment {14}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You snap your eyebrows together and stretch your neck, pulling yourself up from your laying down position.

The strong scent of hospital disinfectants is all around you, making you scrunch your nose. The pain is now gone but you don't even have to open your eyes to know that you're not pregnant anymore.

I-I gave birth!

You open your tired eyes and a warm smile approaches your face. Your bump is gone and it only makes you more excited. You finally get to meet your baby.

The baby you've wanted for so long. This moment is one you've been waiting for your entire life.

You're so, painfully excited and happy right now. Nothing can ruin the moment.

Right?

You look to the left and see Kakashi, an empty stare as he deeply looks at a small paper in his hand. It seems like a picture of some sort.

"Whatcha looking at Kashi?" Your voice is scratchy and painful to listen to, but still clear happiness all over your face.

I mean, how could you not be happy? Not only have you wanted this child, but as has the love of your life.

You're so excited to give him the biggest gift of love you can.

He stays in the same position, but looks at you with only his eyes. When you see how dark his face is, heavy bags under his bloodshot eyes, your face falls and your heart stops.

"B-baby, is everything okay? I'm awake now. Where's the baby? Are they in the nursery?" You try not to be scared but flashbacks from waking up with blood surrounding you are popping into your head.

Kakashi refuses eye contact and brings himself to say something. His chest is heavy and it's hard for him to even breathe.

"We- we lost her."

Everything seems to slow down around you and your face shows visible confusion. But you're quick to throw on a smile with your brows furrowed.

You violently shake your head and force a breathy laugh through your heavy breaths. "N-no they're not. Y-you're lying. I was told everything would be okay."