The Letter {59}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You walk down the path with two bodies of water on each side steadily. "They've left." You say, hiding the immense disappointment and sadness in your voice.

You want to go back with them to The Leaf so bad.

But you can't and you know that.

Your mother comes out from the shadows of her throne and smiles at you. The other person is still in the other seat, having yet to reveal their identity.

But you already know— the laugh already told you.

She walks up to you and cups your face in her hands. One side cold, one side warm. "You've done good, my love." Your cheeks warm at the nickname and you beam at your mother. "Thank you." You bashfully say.

You love when she praises you. It's amazing to have a motherly touch.

Even if you don't know this isn't a true motherly touch.

She very gently caresses your cheek with her skin-covered thumb and softly looks at you. "Now that you've proven your loyalty, I would like to get to know my daughter."

Your eyes grow eager and light up when you hear this. A smile grows on your lips and you lean into her touch. "R-really?" You keenly ask.

She nods and snaps her fingers. At this snap, the person from the seat beside the throne finally stands to their feet, coming into view.

Your smile fades when you see them and your insides feel like they're throwing up.

It's just who you thought it was... but he's now a shell of a person.

He's been reanimated.

Your mother can sense your worry and smirks. "Is this the man you love and hope to spend the rest of your life with?" She asks with innocent eyes.

Your breathing unsteadies and you keep your eyes on your mothers, silently begging for her to get rid of him. Because at one point, yes, you loved him. And yes, you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him.