Mother {31}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"Aw, my lilac, you still remember me? After 20 years?" She places the kunai on your nightstand and caresses your face. You immediately lean into her touch and everything else in the universe fades away.

Your face has been touched countless times, by countless people. Actually, that's something people do quite a lot. People cup your face often. But this is different. This is the touch you've craved for your entire life; the feeling of your mother's hand against your face.

It's warm, even though her hands are cold— one of them colder than the other.

She suddenly grabs your jaw with a mechanical grip and leans closer. "I do wish I'd seen you in a more... appropriate setting, don't you? You're a whore, a damned slut. What a disgrace." Tears spill from your eyes and fall onto her fingers, slightly confused as to what she's saying.

She then smiles sweetly and uses her thumb to brush them away. "It's okay baby, don't cry. You know, I'm very happy we finally meet once again. I love you so much."

Your heart flutters and you look at her with wide eyes. You realize just now that you've never heard those three words before from anyone. Nobody has told you they love you.

Except for one person; Hisashi. But you aren't exactly focused on him at the moment.

Your mom notices the hopeful look in your eyes and smirks. "That's right my love, I love you. All of the information this village has told you were lies. They're using you for your eyes, they want the power. I would never use you, I love you too much. Do you understand me?"

You smile and nod your head, allowing your mother to wipe the tears from your face.

The front door is opened and your mom slightly tightens the grip on your face. "I have to leave, but you need to remember this. In 10 months, meet me at the Mist Village. Come home to me, my love." Before you can respond she flickers away, leaving only you and the dark room.

You stare at the blank space in front of you and thickly swallow nothing, your heart still pounding in your chest.

Your bedroom door opens and Kakashi walks in, a glass of water in his hand. "I can hear now." You say while trying to erase everything that just happened from your memory for the time being.