Disgrace {57}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You approach the entrance of The Mist finally and a smile grows on your lips. You finally get to see your mother after so long.

The only problem is, how are you going to find her?

You adjust the hood that you secretly bought while you were at home and approach the guards at the gate. One man and one woman, they don't seem too hard to take down.

They spot you walking toward them and immediately grab out kunai when they see your headband. You pull Hisashi's katana from your back and squeeze it, allowing the blood-covered blade to pull out.

But to your surprise, they both retreat their weapons and step to the side. "Y/N Akihako." The woman says when you reach them.

You come to a halt and retreat your sword. Your mom has clearly made preparations for your coming.

"That's me." You respond and pull down your hood, revealing your eyes. They nod and grab your shoulders, leading you inside the gate. Their hands aren't holding you too tight, but just enough so if you tried anything they could overpower you.

They lead you through the foggy and empty village for quite a while and you feel your stomach churn as you pass by everything. It's all the same as when you left.

There isn't a single blade of grass out of place.

They bring you in front of a lake and stop moving. The man to the left of you does quick hand signs and the water parts, revealing a hidden staircase. You can't help but smile at how well this was hidden, you never would have guessed it was here.

As you walk down the damp stairs, you feel slightly guilty. This is the point of no return. You've officially left everything and everyone behind you.

They let go of you as soon as the water covers the staircase and lead you down countless halls. Every hall is dark and stone-paved, exactly what you expected a secret lair would look like.

It's cold and each step sends echoes through the halls. If you listen close enough, you can hear footsteps in other areas so you do know that you're not the only person here.