Slow Dancing {17}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

-Mitsue's POV

As I run toward the Leaf Village I can't help but feel guilt stricken for leaving Y/N. If we hadn't left her alone we most likely could have defeated that man with her, and then she would have survived.

But no, Grandma Hisa just had to listen to her.

Grandma sent me to The Leaf as soon as we found Y/N dead. She was just crossing the bridge of death when we found her early that morning, under a man with that special katana of hers through both of their chests. A small girl dead next to them.

It was a crude sight to say the least, the dirt surrounding all of them was stained red.

But as soon as Grandma saw Y/N dead, she knew what she was going to do. Even I knew what she was going to do before she said anything.

Mr. Hatake was very special to Grandma. The Hatake's in general have always been close with our family.

And that's why Grandma is doing it. It's an honorable gesture and I'm extremely proud of her for doing that. We may not know Y/N that well, but we do know she is special.

Especially considering she is the only other member of the Akihako clan. She's lucky she got those eyes. I wish I did but that wasn't possible.

Only the second born is blessed with them.

I actually didn't even recognize her until that guy she was fighting said who she was. It's been twenty years though, how could I?

But as soon as I met Y/N again, I hated her. She seemed way too noble and loyal, it was revolting really. But once I got to know her, I figured I was just jealous of her. The way that she radiated motivation and determination is amazing. I wish I could be like that someday.

When we found Y/N, Grandma said that I would leave immediately, sending the message that Y/N asked I did if she died. Grandma should be dead by now though. So I've been running nonstop for 3 days now. I'm glad that I got this training back home.