More Apologies {30}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

It's been over a week since you've seen Kakashi and you haven't seen him since.

Well, you don't want to see him. For clear reasons too.

God, I hate Aiko.

But you officially aren't angry about it anymore. You just decided to move on and distance yourself from the male for as long as you can. Besides, right now you're doing what Asuma asked and spending some time with his student.

"So go ahead, ask away." You say to Shikamaru, aimlessly walking around the village with him next to you.

He keeps that bored look and shrugs, his hands shoved into his pockets. "There's nothing to ask. Can't you just tell Asuma-sensei that we talked and it didn't work or something?" He groans.

You bring your hand up and smack the back of his head, making him yell and snap his vision to you. "Why the hell did you do that!?" You smile and cross your arms. "I'm not lying to your teacher. Ask me a question."

The boy smacks his lips and rubs the back of his head while continuing to walk beside you. "Well, what was it like? You said something the other day about how bloody was an understatement. What'd you mean by that?" He asks with a sigh.

Flashbacks hit your mind and you frown a bit, but quickly erase it and smile again. "Have you ever killed anyone?"

"No..."

"Well, let me put it in a way you could understand then. So let's say you were to scratch at your skin continuously. Just in the same spot for hours on end. What would happen?" You ask.

Shikamaru looks at you and raises an eyebrow. "Well, you'd probably start bleeding. Because you'd break the skin." You nod at his words while placing your hands on your hips. "Correct. And what happens if you continue to scratch an already open wound?"

"Well... it would stay a wound. Nothing would really change." He shrugs.

The fact that he caught on makes this whole conversation a lot easier and you place your hand on his head, messing with his hair while earning an annoyed look from him.