Mitsue {56}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

It's been four days since you've left your village and now you're just empty inside. You spent the previous days crying your eyes out as you walked along this endless path of thick trees and hiding from anyone you saw.

It's kind of surprising no one has found you yet, it makes you wonder if they even care that you left.

But now your just walking along, humming that simple tune that usually makes you feel better. And today, it actually is making you feel better. It's bringing back happy memories, memories you don't want forgotten.

"Y/N?"

You jump into a tree as fast as you can, extremely pissed at yourself for letting your guard down. But once you take a moment to recognize that voice, you jump right back down and look to where it came from.

"My god..." You look at the familiar face and a bit of emotion grows onto your face. The guy takes their hands out of their pockets and chuckles. "It actually is you."

You feel happiness grow inside of you for the first time in a few days and you run up to them, throwing your arms around their neck and forcing a hug onto them.

"Mitsue!" You exclaim with a beaming smile.

He stumbles back at the sudden grab but returns the hug and spins you around slightly. "It worked!" He laughs.

You nod your head and squeeze him one last time before letting go. "I never got to say that I'm sorry." You say with a sad smile.

Mitsue laughs and shoves his hands back in his pockets. "It's fine. Grandma really wanted to do it. She said it was her way of finally repaying Mr. Hatake."

Mr. Hatake

Your throat tightens and you force on a smile. "Well thank you both. Kakashi was very thankful. Trust me."

He starts to size you but stops at your neck and his eyes go huge. "W-woah! You must be loaded to be able to afford that." He scoffs.

You look down at your neck and see the necklace. At first, you were planning on giving it back but you simply couldn't. You know it's slightly selfish... but his promise to you was so engraved in your heart that giving it back just wasn't something you were able to do.