Part 2: Worried? {12}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You adjust your hold on Kakashi's hand and hold back from squealing. It's the next morning and you and Kakashi are walking to the Hokage's office so he can officially start his work.

The sun isn't up yet which means neither are most of the people around the village, but you're happy about that. Because you already know there's going to be a ton of commotion around the village and you're glad to avoid it.

"You haven't stopped smiling since we left the house." Kakashi laughs. You nod and look up at him with the same huge grin. "I'm so excited for you, you have no clue." You tell him.

He brings his hand that is being harshly gripped by your own— your nails leaving marks in his skin. "Trust me, I have a clue."

You let go and sheepishly laugh. "Haha... sorry." He doesn't respond and just wraps his arm around your waist, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

You guys walk for a few more minutes, getting more and more excited by the second.

Until you're stopped.

"Kakashi, you need to leave the village. Meet the guards at the gate for information and don't be late." The anonymous man's voice is scarily cold when he says the last three words.

Your heart drops and you draw your eyebrows together. "What? But he has to-" Before you can finish your sentence, he poofs away.

You and Kakashi stand there for a few minutes, not making a noise. The air is heavy and thick, weighing onto your souls and adding pressure.

"I'm sorry." Kakashi whispers as he turns you to him. You slip on a smile and go on your toes. "I love you. Be safe for us, okay?"

He frowns at your smile and kisses you through his mask. "I promise I'll make it back before tomorrow night. Go accept it for me. I love you." His voice is gentle and clearly let down, but when he has to leave he has no choice.

He kisses you once more before kissing your stomach and poofing away.

The walk to the Hokage's office isn't as exciting as it was before. Now it's depressing and boring. You hadn't realized just how dark it was either. It's almost like because Kakashi is with you, the world is brighter.