Part 2: Looking Forward to the Future {11}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You jump on your toes and dump your plates in your sink. "It's tomorrow~!" You sing in squeals. Kakashi stops you from jumping and chuckles. "You're going to mess up the baby if you can't stay still."

You look down at your stomach and back at him as if he's stupid.

You're officially five months pregnant and now you can actually tell that you're pregnant since the bump is visible. The morning sickness is long gone luckily. But your back pain isn't exactly fun.

"You can't mess up a baby by jumping." You state with a laugh as you head to your room for the night.

Kakashi follows right after and shrugs. "You never know. I have to make sure you and the baby are perfect and safe so I can show you both off." He gloats.

You sigh and slip into your bed, turning on the bedside lamp and pulling out a book. "Thought of any boy names yet?" You ask.

He gets into bed next to you, pulling you into him, and gets his teal book from under the pillow. "No. But like I said before. It doesn't matter, it's going to be a girl."

You laugh at his triumphant voice and flip the page. "You're really set on having a little girl, huh?"

"Yup. This wouldn't be a problem if you had let Tsunade tell us the gender. But I know it'll be a girl so it doesn't matter. Last time I wanted a boy but the more I think of it, the more I want to have a girl so I can spoil her and we can train her to be a badass ninja like you."

A happy smile dances onto your lips as your eyes mindlessly skin the page, thinking of what the future holds.

"These are my better days."

Kakashi stops reading and looks over at you, humming for you to continue.

You look down at your stomach and then to him and smile. "There's this saying my dad and grandma told me. It's something about oak trees and leaves... its- its... oh it's 'If you feel like you're losing everything, remember that old oak trees lose all of their leaves every year and they still stand tall, waiting for better days to come'. These are my better days. We're married. We're having a beautiful baby. And even though it took you literal months to get through the paperwork, you're becoming the sixth Hokage tomorrow."