Synchronization {65}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"And then! And then Orochimaru took the sacrifice and that's how he revived your friend Hisashi!" Itsuki says from beside you.

The two of you are in the front, Itsuki technically leading the way from beside you since you have no clue where you're going. Over the three weeks of traveling you've done, you've come to realize that he's extremely energetic.

But you've learned to just block him out most of the time so it really hasn't bothered you much.

Two weeks ago you sent three of your soldiers to go ahead. You told them it was only to skim the area but that was a straight lie. You sent them out because you knew that The Leaf and The Sand would both have shinobi out watching the perimeter and as soon as they would see them, they'd know what's happening.

And according to your map, now they should be around the same distance you are from the fields. Which means you're about ten miles apart.

Itsuki suddenly wraps his arm around you and pulls you into him. The leader of The Village Hidden in the Rock goes to push him off of you but you wave him away. "You're real nice you know that! Nothing like your mo- oops sorry!" Itsuki winces when he accidentally disses your mom but you pay no mind to his mistake.

It makes you glad that not everyone on this side liked her.

You adjust your hood as you exit the thick trees and come up to a clearing. Sen No Hone field. This is the field of the fight. It's clearly not man-made. There are stray trees, shrubs, and patchy grass everywhere. But it's flat enough to have good footing through the battle.

You put your hand up and silence everyone behind you, also stopping them. Once it's quiet, you shut your eyes and perk your ears.

They're close.

You can hear hundreds of feet running toward you guys, they're about six miles away. Itsuki grows a huge grin and pulls out a kunai, his hand still around your shoulders. "They're close~!" He sings.

You ignore his comment and adjust your hood, everyone doing the same behind you to make sure your eyes can't be seen.

Four miles.