Chapter 51

We hop in ty's truck and drive to the next town over to get a test to avoid coming face to face with someone we know. Small towns have big rumour mills as you could imagine. We pull into the parking lot and ty throws his truck in park.

He turns to face me "so what's the plan? You want me to go in?" He offers. A sigh of relief escapes me mount as I nod. "Alright. Be right back." He slams the truck door shut and walks into the drug store.

A few moments later I see him emerge from the store holding a paper bag. He looks at me through the window and winks. I feel my body tens in response. how am I so disgusted and so enamoured by the same person??  How does he have such an overwhelming pull on me? I want to hate him, I really do.. but then he looks at me and my heart has other plans. Damn this boy!!

"I got the goods. Your place or mine?" I can tell he's trying to lighten the mood and ease my nerves.

"Yours please." My parents would kill me if they caught me at home, skipping school, and alone with a boy. Ha. If only they knew.

"You got it."

The ride home was tense and overwhelmingly silent. It wasn't until we pulled into his drive way that he broke it.

"B. I just want you to know that whatever happens I'm going to support you."

I don't answer, My mouth pulls into a half smile and I exit the truck.

I can't believe this is happening. Why am I so stupid? Why did I let myself get here? And why on earth is he so calm? I feel like I'm going to faint, or vomit, or both!

TYLER

I follow her lead and walk towards the front door of my house with the paper bag in hand. I'm so furious with myself for not being more careful. What the actual fuck was I thinking? I'm always careful.

My heart is pounding so hard that It may vary well fly out of my chest. I'm sweating from every crevice of my body and I feel like I'm going to barf. Despite all of this, I'm playing it cool. I know how overwhelmed and scared she is right now, and the last thing she needs is for me to be freaking out too.

"Uhm. Do you want me to come in with you?" Is that a weird thing to ask? I have no idea how any of this works.

" I'll come out when I'm done" she grabs the bag from me and closes the bathroom door behind her.

I let my body weight fall against the wall and let out a shaky breath. I close my eyes tight and pray that it's negative.

I hear the toilet flush and the faucet turn on. My cue to get my shit together again. The water turns off and she opens the door, test in hand.

"So?"

"I have to wait 3 minutes" she says handing me the test. She tries to walk past me towards my room but I stop her.

"We."

She looks at me confused "what?"

"WE have to wait three minutes" I correct her. I cup her face and she lets the weight of her head rest in my hands.