Chapter 10

Friday afternoon rolls around and I get a message from Tyler. I'm hesitant to open it- we haven't talked at all since after school on Monday. Out of curiosity I open the message.

Tyler: Hey B. You going to come watch me tonight?

Me: I'm not sure yet. Still have to talk to the girls about it.

Tyler: Okay, I hope you come. If you can't make it to the game at least come to my place after. I'd love to see you again :)

Me: I'll let you know what they say :)

I switch to my group message with the girls and text them.

Me: hey guys, you guys down to hit the football home opener tonight and maybe go to the party after?

Brett: heck ya! Let's do it!

Anna: yea sure, I'll see if my dad can drive us again.

Emily: duh. I'll be at your house for 6 to pick y'all up. Sound good?

Me: okay perfect. Yea that sounds great.

•••

The football game is so crowded we barely find a space on the bleachers that fits the four of us. The crowd is rowdy as each name is announced as the players makes their way onto the field.

"Annnd here we have the QB and captain of the team for the third year in a row! Tyler smith!" The announcer says
The crowd goes in sane as he runs into the field. He throws his right hand up and waves at everyone as he makes his way over to the rest of the team.

"B. Look at Tyler's butt in those football pants. My god he's sexy." Emily whispers in my ear.

"Shut up! We've talked like three times. It's nothing, leave it alone!" I say

"Whatever you say" Emily says raising her eye brows at me in disbelief.

•••

The game comes to a nerve wracking close as we get one last touch down before the time runs out.

"CENTRAL HIGH WINS!" The announcer exclaims.

I drag the girls to their feet before everyone floods the stairs so we can leave. We reach the ground and head towards the parking lot to meet Anna's dad.

•••

A few hours later we arrive at Tyler's house for the party. I feel very out of place in Brett's Jean skirt she lent me for tonight. I paired it with a white off the shoulder top and my red vans.

We make our way into the party and immediately head towards the back deck to where the drinks are. We each grab a beer and head back inside to mingle with everyone. There's a lot more people here than last weekend. I can barely move it's so crowded. We link arms and push our way through the crowd into the living room where the music is playing.

Country girl by Luke Bryan comes through the speakers and we can't help but start dancing on each other. Everyone around us moves away and clears a small space for us to dance. They all watch as we sing every word with our arms in the air. Emily spins me around and I catch a glimpse of Tyler in the crowd of people watching us dance.

The song comes to a close and we start laughing. A new beat comes on that I don't recognize. We start edging towards the side of the dance floor and into the crowd when I feel something pull me back. Someone slid their hand around my waist and pulled me into them so my back side is against their front. I stiffen up in discomfort. I look up and see Brett, Emily and Anna all staring in awe. I turn my head slightly so I can see who it is. It's Tyler.

I let my body loosen up and sway with his to the beat of the music. I put my left hand over his and intertwine our fingers. I reach back with you right hand and grab his belt loop, pulling him closer. He reaches his right hand around my front and slides it in my pocket. He pulls me tight against his body as we dance.

The song fades out, bit before I can turn to face him he leans down and whispers in my ear
"meet me upstairs in 10?"

I remove his hand from my pocket and turn my body to face him. He keeps his other hand firmly on my waist so I can't go far. I nod and let out a nervous giggle before he releases me.

"AS IF. B YOURE SO LUCKY." The girls screeched as I returned to their side.

"You should have seen the look on every girls face while they were watching you guys!" Anna blabs

"Oh my god. You guys are so dramatic. So what. We danced." I say as I turn to go grab another drink from the deck.

Now how do I escape without them noticing?