Chapter 57

So, how was it?" Tyler asks

"Good! Everything is fine!" I swallow any nerves I had.

Tyler grabs my face and kisses my forehead "I'm so glad."

His mouth turns upwards into the most genuine smile. The smile that I love... the smile that I'm about to wipe off of his face.

"Listen. I think we should talk more about last night." I finally say as we buckle our seatbelts and take off.

"What about it?" He asks grabbing my hand once again.

"Tyler.. I just, I think it's better for both of us if we end things now." I pull my hand out of his and tuck them under my thighs.

"What? Wh-what do you mean?"

"I just think you need to focus on your future for now."

Tyler pulls the truck into the nearest parking lot.
"B what are you talking about?!" He says facing me.

"I just mean, now that we know there's nothing to worry about, maybe we should take a break so you can focus of school, graduation, college.. you know?"

Tyler's hands run through his loose, messy curls in frustration.

"No!" Is all he manages to say before opening the door and getting out of the truck. I watch him lace back and forth, hands still in his hair.
"No, B! I'm not going to end things with you just because I'm leaving!"

"Tyler, please don't make this harder.."

"No you know what, you're the one making this harder. Our whole fucking relationship has been difficult. You walked into my life and it's been chaos ever since. You never know what you want. You drive me crazy."

His words stab me like knives. I feel tears sting my eyes and turn away so he can't see. He's not wrong. I frantically blink the tears out of my eyes. Just as I compose myself Tyler opens my door and pulls me out.

"Wait, I'm sorry." I hear him say. "I just don't understand where this is coming from."

"I don't want to interfere with your future. I want you to focus on college instead of worrying about us. I want the best for you and if that means ending things, then that's what I think we should do." I explain.

"But.. I love you" his voice is shaking.

I look up into his tear filled eyes. "I love you too Tyler."

His hand cups my face "then why I are you doing this. Why are you giving up on us"

"I'm not giving up on us. It's just best for both of us if we focus on our own futures." I take his hand off of my face and take a step back.

"So this is it?" He asks

"This is it." I sigh