Chapter 36

"I guess we should get back to school.." I realized we had been sitting on the edge of the train bridge for over an hour. I pull myself away from Tyler and rise to my feet.

"We don't have to if you're not feeling ready, B. I'm sure everyone will understand. I can bring you home if you want?" Tyler offers

I can't stand the thought of being in my house for another full day. "No I've been cooped up in that place for a week straight, I definitely do not want to go back there."

"Hm, well do you want to go back to school?" Tyler questions me

"Of course not. I don't want to face any of those people ever again" I confess

"Would you like to come back to my house? My parents aren't home, you can rest for as long as you want."

"And you go back to school?" I don't want to be alone right now

Tyler reads my facial expression before answering "no I can stay, B. If that's what you want." He offers a half smile.

"I'd like that" I return the failed attempt at a smile.

Tyler and I walk back to his truck and he drives us down the road to his house. Tyler helps me out of the truck and into the house. I'll never get over how grand his house is. He leads me up to his bedroom with his hand on the small of my back the whole way.

"After you, my queen." He says as he opens the bedroom door.

I let out a slight giggle. He's so corny.

I go straight for his bed. I pull his blanket back and cocoon myself in his duvet. Tyler's smell surrounds me, I take a deep breath and let myself relax.

"Go ahead make yourself at home" he says sarcastically before pulling the blankets away from me and crawling into his bed next to me.

I roll onto my side and rest my head on his chest. Tyler starts brushing through my hair with his fingers, he knows how much I love that. "I don't know what I would do without you" I mumble into his chest.

"I don't know what I would do without you either, B" he plants a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"I talked to tanner" I begin saying. I prop my head of so I'm looking into Tyler's eyes.

"And..?" He prompts.

"And he's not totally happy, but he trusts my judgement and trusts that I can make my own decisions." I continue.

A smile grown on Tyler's face "so what does that mean?"

"It means we have to have that talk now."  I say, hoping he knows what I'm talking about. By the look on his face he's about to give me a run for my money.

"I'm sorry? I don't seem to know what you're talking about, care to enlighten me?" Tyler's quirky, sarcastic smile is plastered on his face.

"Ugh shut up!" I give him a playful shove.

"Excuse me? Did you just shove me?!" He says dramatically. He shifts his body so he's now hovering over me. "You're going to have to make up for that, missy."

"Oh what ever will I do?!" I giggle

"Hm. I can think on one thing.." His eyes change from playful to serious. Tyler lowers his body down so his weight is on me.

"Mhm?" I whisper "and what is that?"

The corner of Tyler's mouth tugs up into a half grin. He licks his lips, eyes staying on mine. I can feel the anticipation building between us. I bite my lip since I know it drives him crazy in these moments.

Tyler shakes his head in response "fuck" he groans as he lowers his face to mine. I crane my neck to meet him half way, but he stops short, he swerves his head to the side of my face. I can feel his heavy breath on my cheek. "I thought we were supposed to be talking" he whispers in my ear.

I let out a an abrupt laugh. I cat catch myself getting distracted by his comment and bring myself back to the moment. I shove Tyler off of me, and onto his back. I pounce on top of him so I'm straddling his waist, ass in the air, chest on his.

I lower my mouth to his neck, I trail my tongue up his neck and stop once I reach his earlobe, taking it playfully between my teeth.  "do you really want me to stop?"

Tyler releases a groan "absolutely not"