Chapter 8

Brett, Emily and Anna spot is coming down the stairs. They smile excitedly at me. Once We reach the bottom of the stairs Tyler heads towards his friends and  I head towards mine. I make it half way to them before getting cut off by Brady.
Brady has been like a second older brother to me since I can remember.

"Hey. What were you doing up there with him? He's too old for you, B. You shouldn't be hanging out alone with guys like him. " he informs me

"Sorry Brady. I can handle my own, I'm not a dumb little kid anymore." I say angrily as I try to shove past him.

"No no. Listen. I know you're not a kid anymore. Trust me. I watched you go from an annoying little shit to a good looking, naive, young lady. But that's the thing, B: you're naive. You don't have experience with guys yet, especially not older ones. Why don't you stick to someone a little closer to your age to start? I don't want to have to break bones in the future when he fucks up." He says playfully punching my shoulder.

"Ya ya. I get it. I may be young, but, im smarter than you think you know. I'm not going to get myself into any sticky situations that I'll need saving from. Thanks though" I say as I finally push my way past him.

I make my way to my girls and they tell me that Anna's dad is on his way to pick us up. We wait outside until he arrives and he drops us each off at our houses.

"Thanks mister T!" I yell while walking towards my from door.

I make my way up the stairs to my bedroom. I strip off my clothes and slip into an oversized t-shirt and a pair of fresh underwear. I pull my hair into a high ponytail and complete my night routine before hopping into my cozy bed.

•••

*BLING*

I get woken up by my phone going off. I stretch and roll myself to the edge of my bed. I reach to my bedside table and grab my phone. It lights up and I see a new Facebook message.

Tyler: Hey. I just wanted to say I had fun talking with you last night. It was nice to not have to pretend to be mister popular for once. :)

I definitely was not expecting him to even remember last night let alone acknowledge it. I smile at my phone as I reply to him.

Me: Hey! I had fun too, thanks for showing me around. Btw, you don't ever have to feel obliged to act like anything other than yourself around me.

I lock my phone and slide out of my bed and head towards the shower. My head starts pulsing as soon as I take a step. This is going to be a long Sunday..