Chapter 37

I didn't go to school Tuesday or Wednesday, And I only came for half the day Yesterday after someone made a joke about what happened to me. I couldn't handle the thought of people staring at me and making jokes about it. This morning has been alright. Nobody has said much to me, it's almost like everyone is afraid to say the wrong thing so they just don't say anything at all.

The bell rings to dismiss us for lunch. I walk towards my locker and see Tyler leaning against it. He's wearing ripped black jeans, and a baseball tee. His hair still wet from his shower after working out. He has something yellow in his hand, I can't tell what it is from here, but he's wearing a devious smile that says he's up to something.

"To what do I owe this honour?" I ask as I unlock and open my locker.

"I have come to present you with a gift, m'lady. " Tyler says bowing at me.

"We're so lame" I roll my eyes. Tyler shoves the yellow fabric into my hands. I unravel it. A football jersey with the number 74 on it.
I look at him confused. "Your jersey?"

"Yes. My jersey. You're going to wear it for the afternoon before the big game tonight"

"But everyone's going to know tha..." my voice trails off. I look up at him, he has an outrageous smirk on his face

"Everyone's going to know that you're with me?" He winks "yea. That's the point babe. This is how people are going to find out"

"Tyler. Are you sure? We haven't had that conversation yet."

"I mean, unless you're not okay with it. I want everyone to know you're mine. " his face flushed pink as he says the word mine.

I can't help but smile. "If you insist"
I pull the jersey over my t shirt. It falls down past my hips. I shrug before tucking it into my jeans.
"How does it look?" I twirl in front of him.

Tyler leans into my ear "is it wrong that I'm turned on right now?" His voice is low and husky.

"Tyler!" I give him a playful slap in the chest.

"Okay well you can't blame me!" He says innocently with his hands up. "But for real- wanna get out of here?" He shoots me another wink.

I grab his shirt and twiddle it playfully. "I think maybe I'm going to make you work for it" I tease. I slam my locker, turn on my heel and walk towards the cafeteria to meet my friends.

"Hey! What does that mean!" I hear his shout down the hall at me.

I turn my head, "Guess you're going to have to figure it out!" I respond with a sly smile.

I walk through the cafeteria doors and scan the room for my friends. I lay eyes on them and wave to get their attention, I see their jaws drop. I look at Brett, who smiles and point at her shirt then shoots me a thumbs up- I forgot I was wearing the jersey.

Tyler finally catches up to me and grabs my hand, leading me towards my friends.

"Guess the secrets out, baby." Tyler whispers in my ear.

I look around the cafeteria and realize everyone is staring. The table Cheerleaders gawking in disbelief.. specifically Ashley.

I look up to Tyler to see his reaction to all of this. Tyler's face is plastered with the biggest smile I have ever seen. He looks genuinely proud to have me on his arm. I guess he is used to the attention, something I suppose I'm going to have to get comfortable with.

We reach the table that my friends are sitting at. Tyler pulls out my chair and motions for me to sit down before he takes his seat next to me.

"Uhm excuse me?" Emily says

I realize how confused Emily and Anna are right now. Brett lets out a snort before chiming in,

"Nice to have you join us finally, Tyler."

"Finally?" Anna questions

"What? When? How long? I have so many questions for you right now, B!" Emilys voice is short.

"I'm so sorry you guys. I wanted to tell you, but-"

"We were waiting to figure out what we 'were'." Tyler cuts me off "Plus I wanted to talk to tanner and ask him for permission. It's been such a confusing situation. It's really my fault- I'm sorry." Tyler takes the blame

"I only found out because I caught them together." Brett adds

"Okay but my question remains- when?!" Emily's tone is lighter now

"Oh god, Uhm the week before school started?" Tyler lets out a slight chuckle as he leans back and runs his fingers through his hair. "A couple months?" He looks down at me for reassurance.

"Yea. It just kind of happened. We talked the night we all went to his party at the end of summer, and it just grew from there." I shrug

"How does Tanner feel about it?!" Anna questions

"Well. After the beach party-" Tyler cuts himself off, not wanting to bring up what had happened

"After the beach party Tyler convinces tanner to let him come see me in the hospital. By some miracle tanner let him." I finish Tyler's thought

"I actually went to your house and talked to him for an hour or so. It took a lot to convince him, lots of shouting, a few swings at my face, but I finally got though to him and made him realize that I wasn't out to hurt you" tyler said with a smile.

I didn't realize he had gone to my house to talk to tanner face to face. I never really thought much about it, but that must have taken a lot of courage for him to do.

Tyler's phone starts vibrating on the table. He picks up the incoming call.

"Hello?" Tyler answers "Ya I'll be right there."

"One of the guys got his truck stuck, I have to go pull him out before third." He says with an apologetic smile. "It was really nice talking to you ladies" he smiles towards Anna, Emily and Brett. "I'll see you later, baby." He adds, kissing my forehead before turning and heading towards the doors.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK B" Emily says throwing a cracker in my direction. "When the hell were you planning on telling us?!"

"I don't know! I wanted to right away, but it was such a big secret and I didn't want to risk it getting out, especially when I wasn't sure what would come of it." I explain

"So then what are you? Have you figured it out yet?" Anna asks

"I mean, we each talked to tanner and he wasn't happy about it, but he's letting me make my own decisions for once. Tyler and I still have to talk more in depth about what we are, but I mean, only girlfriends wear the jerseys on game day..." a smile stretches across my face at the thought of Tyler smith being my boyfriend.

"You know, I wasn't so sure when you two sat down here 20 minutes ago, but he seems really into you and you look happier than I've ever seen you- which to me is the most important thing, right?" Emily says with a smile "I'm really happy for you."

" me too B. He seems like a really nice guy." Anna agrees

"Wait until you hear about their escapades." Brett mumbles through a mouth full of fries.

"What?!" Anna shouts

"Shhh I'll tell you after school. Thanks  for that one, Brett." I say rolling my eyes in her direction

"Don't mention it, Boo." She says shooting me a wink.