Chapter 6

We make our entrance back into the group we were in before excusing ourselves to the bathroom. I watch as Brett types a seemingly detailed message on her phone and hits send. Moments later I feel my phone go off. Sure enough it's Brett in our group conversation.

Brett: you guys. The total hottie that lives in this mansion added B on Facebook today and messaged her all afternoon. Please tell her she has to talk to him!!

I roll my eyes at Brett and watch Emily and Anna's  eyes widen as the read the text.

Emily: NO WAY. B YOU HAVE TO!

Anna: mission get B to talk to QB is a go!

Me: you guys, no. You know how awkward I am. There's NO way in hell I'll be able to keep my cool talking to him!

They all giggle as they lock their phones and return them to their pockets.
No more than five minutes goes by before Anna is tugging on our sleeves and asking to go out for another drink. We all follow in a single file out to the deck.

"B. I spotted him across the house and he has been staring at you all night. Please go say something to him" Emily pleads

"I can't! Guys just drop it. It's never going to happen, get over it. " I say as I crack my beer and down it in one shot.
"I am not drunk enough for this" I say as I open another to sip on. I turn on my heel to head back inside, I see a group of guys wide eyed and pointing at me. They definitely saw my barbaric chugging episode that just happened. Great!

I continue in my path, I can't handle the girls being pushy right now. I make my way past the group of gawking boys and head back into the party. Unsure as to where I should go, I let my curiosity get the best of me. I make my way up the long set of stairs that lead to marble floors. I slowly walk down the hall, inspecting every single thing in the wide hall way. I stop myself at a family painting. A Middle Aged couple sitting on a red velvet love seat, three tall, handsome teenage boys standing behind them, and two young girls sitting on either arm wrest. Every single one of them is perfect.

"Hey you. Ever heard the saying 'curiosity killed the cat' ?" A deep voice says from down the hall.

"Uh. Ya. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be up here. I'll leave." I say nervously as I hear the footsteps getting closer.
I turn to head back downstairs. I get two steps in before hitting a brick wall- I look up and make eye contact with Tyler. His perfect teeth smiling down at me. He runs his hand through his strawberry blond hair and takes a deep breath.

" I was right about you. Wasn't I ?" He says laughing

"W-what do you mean?" I question nervously

"You're trouble. You're seemingly innocent, but my god, you're going to get me in some shit aren't you?" He asks, his bright blue eyes looking deep into mine.

"I mean, I guess I'm pretty innocent.. but that's to be expected for someone my age. Is it not? What do you mean by that though?"

"I mean, you're too intriguing for me to stop thinking about since I saw your profile, and I'm fairly certain tanner wouldn't be impressed to hear that." he admits.

"I don't know. I've never been put in that situation. I've never really had a boyfriend or anything so.. " I say as I shrug my shoulders.

"Youve got to be kidding me. How could you not have anyone interested in you? You're beautiful. And you're athletic. I can tell just looking at you." He looks me up and down and smiles again.

"Yea I'm in a few different sports. Guess they keep me too busy to be interested in any boys."

"Is that still the case?" He asks shyly, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Uhm. I-I -" I stutter my words nervously, looking down at my feet.

He takes a step towards me, making the small gap between us even smaller. He places his fingers under my chin and tilts my head up so I'm looking at him again.

" listen: I'm not going to push anything here, I'm not a bad guy. A lot of people have that misconception about me, but, I have a reputation to maintain if I want to get into a good college." Now he's the uncomfortable one. Somehow seeing him vulnerable gives me a boost of confidence.
"Hey. Want to give me the grand tour you so promised earlier?" I ask in a playful voice.

"You want it?! I'm so down for that. I'm getting bored of talking to the same old people down there anyways. Talking to you is nice and fresh."

"Sure!" I agree.