Chapter 7

We spent about an hour going through the  details of the second and third floor. He told me about his family, and his life. I couldn't help but notice that he only showed me 5 bedrooms though.

"Hey. Why did you only show me 5 bedrooms?" I ask.

"Erm. Ya, I didn't show you mine because I didn't want you to get weirded out, or get the wrong impression." He says

"Well, I really want to see it now!" I taunt

"You twisted my arm. It's the last door on the right!" He says letting out a snort

We head towards the closed door. He opens it slowly and reveals a dark blue room. His room is very spacious, with a queen size bed, a large dresser and a tall shelf packed with sports memorabilia.

"Very teenage boy chic. " I say as I follow him in.
He sits on the end of his bed and motions for me to join him. I'm kind of hesitant, but remember what he said earlier about his reputation. I walk towards him and childishly fling myself onto him bed. We both start laughing

"I can't say I've ever had anyone do that before!" He says still laughing

"What. You've never had a girl lay on your bed before?"

"Well my mom and my younger sisters, but that doesn't count!"

"I find that hard to believe!" I say hitting his arm playfully.

"I have a good reputation to uphold remember?! I don't have girls over unless it's in large groups like tonight." He says through a wide smile.

"Wait are you serious? The Tyler smith, the quarterback, has never had a girl in his bed before?" I question

"Well I Had one girl that I dated from junior to senior year but that ended months ago. She was the only girl I've ever had in my room until now. " pink starts to creep onto his cheeks as he looks up at me with an embarrassed expression on his face.

"Nothing wrong with that. I wish there were more guys like you now a days. Everyone seems to be more of a jerk as the days go on. "

"Hey why do you need more guys like me? What's wrong with just having me?"

"Uh. You got me there" I say awkwardly. I can't help but wonder where this is going. There's no way this is carrying on past tonight. We're drunk. Once he's sober he won't be interested in saying so much as two words to me. I feel disappointment spread across my face at the thought of being my lame old self again in the morning.

"What's in you mind, B? Your face just changed. You okay?" He asks.

"Yea I'm fine. We should probably get back down to the party. The girls are probably wondering where I am" I say as I get up. I lean over to fix his blanket. I hear him sneak up behind me. I turn around and I'm facing his chest once again. He uses his index finger to lift my chin until our eyes meet.

"Please don't think I'm just another teenage boy, or a dumb jock." He says shyly.

"I don't." I say smiling. I grab his hand off my face and pull him back into the hallway and we head downstairs.