Chapter 23

I find myself running down the hall towards the music room where I left Tyler.

"B where are you going?!" Brett shouts as she follows in my trail

I ignore her question and round the corner to the art hall way. I can hear deep muffled voices as I get closer. I finally reach the music wing, and I stop in my tracks once I see them.
Tanner has Tyler pinned against the wall, threatening him.

"Tanner what are you doing?" Tru to sound calm but genuinely confused.

"This fucking pervert had you in that room with him, didn't he?!" He yelled, shoving Tyler's chest for emphasis.
Tyler looks at me, his eyes don't look the same. They're full of desperation, like he's pleading me to make it stop.

"N-no! Tanner, you're being ridiculous! I don't even know this guy, I just know him from seeing him around school, and his party's.. let the poor guy go, damn. " I'm trying my hardest to sound innocent.

"You're fucking lucky this time, smith." Tanner spits at Tyler before giving him one last shove against the wall and walking away. Tanner grabbed my arm on his way by, dragging me behind him, "we're going home. I don't trust this guy around you anymore."

"Uhm I'll see you tomorrow Or something, I guess." I say to My friends, who were standing down the hall watching the drama happen.

•••

Tanner pulls into the drive way abruptly. He drove like a crazy person all the way home from the dance. The car comes to a stop. "What the fuck, B. Where the fuck were you?! Were you with him? Did you two both just fucking lie to my face?" he shouts, slams him hands against the steering wheel before turning to face me.

"Tanner calm down. I told you I've never even really talked to the guy other than in passing."

"That doesn't matter. He could have still.. you know. I don't know, B. I'm just not ready for all of this, especially with someone like that." He says shaking his head.

"What do you mean, 'someone like that'?" I ask

"He's Tyler smith. Captain of the football team, captain of the hockey team, captain of the fucking school. He's not a guy you should even consider talking to" tanner tried to explain.

"Aren't you friends with him? You hang out with him sometimes and play literally every sport together since you were little.."

"Ya exactly. I've heard the stories he tells in the locker room, B. He's not a good guy- to girls anyways. He talks about them like their objects, and I don't want you to ever become someone's "object". You deserve so much more than what someone like that could ever give you." Tanner says, sounding vulnerable.

"I said I wasn't with him, tanner. You don't have to worry, I'm not stupid." I say rolling my eyes. I open the passenger door and exit the car.

"Maybe not him, but just be careful, okay?"

"Ya ya. I know the drill." I Mumble as I head toward the house.

I run up to my room as fast as I can, trying to avoid any further interaction.
I open my bedroom door and throw myself onto my bed. I can't help but go over what tanner told me. Am I just another one of his objects? Does he have other girls on the go, that I don't know about? Does He even like me? Did I just give myself to someone who doesn't give a shit about me?

I pull my phone out of my bag and immediately text Tyler.

Me: hey, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier.

With that, I lock my phone, and head towards the bathroom to get ready for bed.