Chalter 48

TYLER SMITH

I can't get her out of my head. For the past three days I haven't stopped thinking about our phone call. The phone call that confirmed my greatest fear: losing her. I haven't been able to hold a conversation, my mind is constantly wandering- thinking of things I could have done differently, wondering what she is doing, hoping she is feeling the same way as I am.

I've skipped practice every day this week because I'm useless in this state. I've barely gone to any classes, my parents gave me shit, but I couldn't care less. The only thing I care about is her. The only reason I go to school is to see her.. which hasn't been weighing in my favour since she hasn't been at school at all this week.

It's Friday today. I'm going into the school hoping that I'll catch a glimpse at her, to make sure she's okay- as I have been all week. I drag my ass to my truck earlier than usual so I can drive by her house on my way to school.

I finally pull into the student lot and throw my truck in park. I fling myself out of my seat and walk toward the school. I walk into the school, head down, hoping nobody talks to me. I hear whispering around me and crane my neck to see what it's about- oh good me. I realize and roll my eyes. Once I regain focus with the hallway in front of me my eyes meet the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.  Vibrant but tired, they're spilling tears, leaving the surrounding area a pale red, eyes that are quickly torn away from my view. Her eyes.

My heart sinks and my stomach turns at the sight of her. My mind can't help but wonder: why is she crying?

B POV

I haven't been at school at all this week. I've been totally drained of energy, barfy and on top of that I feel like every stupid little thing is going to set me off. My body has been on a roller coaster since Sunday.
I finally dragged myself into school today because I need to talk to Brett. Don't get me wrong, I've been talking to her every day, but something isn't right and I need to talk to her somewhere other than my house.

I texted her this morning and told her to meet me at my locker earlier than usual. Leaving me standing here waiting like an anxious preschooler on their first day. The halls are empty, it's just me waiting for her to join me at my locker.

Finally I see he coming towards me and relief washes over me. Her face is concerned, she already knows something isn't right.

"Hey, b. What's up?" Concern in her voice.

"I just needed to see you." I admit while staring at the floor.

"B what's wrong? You're worrying me" her hands pull my face up so I'm staring back at her.

"Brett I'm worried too." Tears start to sting my eyes but I try to hold them in as other student begin to fill the school and shuffle down the hall. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel sick all the time, I'm exhausted, and my emotions are all over the place. I've threatened tanner four times in the past two days. I'm not myself and I-" My voice trails off when I feel her hand wipe a year from my cheek.

"B. Are you.." she chokes on her own words in disbelief.

I stare down at our shoes again, ashamed of what I'm about to say.
"Brett. I think I'm pregnant." I finally get it off my chest and my eyes finally let go of the tears that were being held in.

"B.." her voice is calm but concerned. I bring my eyes back up to meet hers but instead my eyes wander past her and are met with Tyler's. Perfect..