Chapter 33

"B wake up. I have something for you"

I open my eyes. I'm still in the hospital. My brothers face is hovering above me. He cracks a smile seeing me awake.

"Hey nerd. Listen, I uhh, I brought you something. Don't let this go to your head. We talked and I'm allowing this once- but you and I need to talk once your out of this place." His face is serious, he lets out a sigh and rolls his eyes as he stands up straight. He motions his head to the doorway, I follow his gaze. My eyes meet with Tyler's.

"Tyler?" My voice is still scratchy. A can feel a smile spread widely across my face.
"Wha- Uhm, what are you doing here? What's going on?" I look from Tyler to tanner- visibly confused.

"This idiot told me everything." Tanner says rolling his eyes again. "I'm not fucking happy about it. If you want to see him, here he is. If not, he can leave literally any time. Any time. Such as now, if you wanted." Tanner is tense beyond belief. I have never seen him like this- this uncomfortable.

"Tanner it's okay. I'm sorry I lied." I say apologetically.

My eyes go back to Tyler. His face is pale, eyes tired and full of concern
"Hey" he manages to get out. "Can I sit?" He asks myself, and tanner.

"Yes please."

"Ya ya I'm not going anywhere though." Tanner but's in. "I gotta keep my eyes on you two. Fucking liars. Ridiculous. "

"Hey" I say, reaching for Tyler.

"Hey. I- are you okay?" Tyler asks me.

"I don't even know. I really don't know how to feel. I feel disgusting, dirty, and unworthy. " I admit. "I really don't want to ever think about it again."

Tyler grabs my hand.

"Hey. Hands off pervert." Tanner warns.

Tyler quickly pulls his hands away.

"Tanner. Jesus Christ, I'm not a kid. I'm not stupid. Just cut him a break, he's a good guy. And I really don't feel like arguing about this right now."

"I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I'm sorry it had to be your sister. I know how fucked up this all is. Look man," Tyler stands up so that he's eye to eye with my brother. "I've tried to stay away from her. Tried to end things. I just can't. She is hands down the best thing that's ever happened to me, and when I heard someone hurt her, I couldn't not make sure she was okay." Tyler looks down at me, tears begin to well in his eyes. "I'm in love with your sister."

Tyler's eyes are locked on mine. My heart feels like it's going to explode. Did he really just say that.. And to tanner?!
I swear time is frozen for a moment.

"Excuse me? What the fuck did you just say to me?" Tanner questions. His face is red with anger. "You're fucking 3 years older than her! Literally not even legal!"

"Dude. I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt her. I swear." Tyler pleads

"Tanner, can you please just calm down?" I ask "you know I'm not stupid, I have a good head on my shoulders, you can't call the shots forever. You need to let me love my own life, be my own person, and make my own choices. Whether you approve or not. I need to be myself for once" I grab for his arm. My touch jolts him back into reality "please."

Tanners eyes soften, he lets out a large sigh. "Fuck b. Really? This guy?" He points in Tyler's direction. "The guy who talks about girls like they're puppets and is sleeping with a new one every other day?"

"Look I know you're trying to protect me. But Tyler isn't a bad guy, and those rumours aren't true." I reassure him

"It's true man, I've only ever slept with my ex who I was with for three years.. I don't know why everyone thinks I'm such a garbage person, but I swear to you, I won't ever do anything to hurt B."

"Ugh. You guys are killing me. Now what?! Everyone in town knows? You flaunt around school holding hands and shit?! What the fuck is your plan now that I know?" Tanner asks

"Well that's something that we would have to explore. Something that's ultimately up to B." Tyler says

"Good answer. Everything is B's decision now. She calls the shots." Tanners words are sharp.

"I'm okay with that" Tyler smiles down at me.

"Okay whatever. I'm going to get a drink" tanner says as he walks out the door. "No funny business" he shoots at Tyler.

"You really mean all that?" I question Tyler as he sits back in his seat.

Tyler looks at me. His eyes are sincere "yes of course." He says with a smile.

"Even the.. you know" I add awkwardly

"Yes, B. Even the I love you." Tyler grabs my hand and brings it to his lips.