Chapter 26

TYLER SMITH.

I watch as B walks away from my truck. Her silhouette fading into the night as she walks out of the streets light. The sight of her making my hands roll into fists. Fuck. How could I let myself fall for someone that i can't be with. Then again, how could I not fall for someone so naturally perfect, so naively sexy, so intelligent and humble. Fuck. She's everything I've ever wanted. Everything that I find myself searching for in other girls. A frustrated grunt escapes my throat as I throw my truck in gear.

I pull into my drive way and kill the engine. My head is still racing with thoughts of her. My anxiety peaking at the thought of being caught with her. What would happen to me- what would happen to her..

I rush in the door and race up the stairs to my bedroom. I sit on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands. I need to sleep. My mind needs a break from B, since my conscious mind knows no world without her now.

•••

My alarm wakes me on Saturday morning. There's a huge beach party going on today because it's the last somewhat warm weekend before the cold hits. I roll my body out of bed and head towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. I slip into my black board shorts and a white tank. I grab my hat and throw it on backwards to tame my hair and head out the door.

I pick up the boys on my way to the beach. They load coolers, chairs and a tent into the bed of the truck for later in the evening. The boys hop in and we're on our way.

The beach is already crawling with sweaty teenagers, drinks in hand, prowling for something or someone to occupy their time. We unload the truck and set up in a slightly secluded area on the far side of the beach before heading into the hustle of the party.

I see her in the distance talking to her friends, she is wearing a pair of ripped jean shorts, and a tank top with her usual vans sneakers. Her hair is left wavy. Her face is untouched, her natural, beautiful face turns my way. The sun catches her eyes, causing them to turn from their typical shade of grey/blue to a bright, breathtaking blue.

A smirk spreads across her face as I get closer to her. Fuck I wish I could just walk up and kiss her- Even hold her hand. I wish we could just be normal. My heart sinks at the thought of not being able to be with her.