Chapter 9

My alarm sounds at 6:45 am on Monday morning. I am so not prepared for my first day of high school. I slide out of my bed, and saunter my way towards to bathroom. I get in the shower and get ready for the day. I straighten my hair, apply the slightest bit of makeup and slip into my favourite jeans and a black tank top. I head down to the kitchen where I eat breakfast with tanner.

"Alright sis. We better get going if you want time to find your class" he says as he shuffles me towards the door

I put my red vans sneakers on and exit the house. I hop in tanners car and we he pulls out of the driveway.

•••

First period went great, all my friends were in my class. second period I didn't know anyone, so it was definitely not as enjoyable, but it was alright. I'm looking forward to lunch though. I walk with the flow of people down the hall towards my locker. I check my phone once I reach my locker, 2 new messages.

Tyler: good luck today. Feel free to message me if you have any questions, B. :)

Tyler: I can't stop thinking about you. What's wrong with me.

I become giddy at the thought of him thinking about me. I can't believe someone like him would be interested in someone like me.

Just then I hear familiar voices approaching. I turn around and see my friends walking towards me.

"Hey girl hey!" Emily yells at me "you ready to stuff our faces or what?!"

"Can't wait!" I close my locker and join them and we head to the cafeteria.

•••

The second half of my day was awesome. I had gym and art in the afternoon, which were super fun. I'm excited to get home though.

I start down the hall toward to parking lot. I hear someone say my name. I look around confused as I didn't recognize the voice. Just then a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me into an empty classroom.
I look up and realize I'm face to face with Tyler.

"Hey beautiful" he greets me with a boyish grin on his face "how was your first day?" He asks

"Uh it was good I guess. Very different but I'll get used to it. " I replied "hey why did you pull me in here?" I ask

"Like I said earlier. I cant stop thinking about you.. and our conversations Saturday night. I can't explain it, you just seem so different that every other girl around here. So easy to be around. So easy to talk to. It's Refreshing." He tells me
He brushes a piece of my hair out of my face and smiles. "Sorry if that seems like a lot. I'm just excited to find someone like you is all."

"It's okay, I'm just confused over why you would be interested in me. I'm really nothing special. I'm plain and boring if you ask me."

"Yea but that's what I like about you. You don't put on a show. You're you, and you do what you want to do, you don't put up a front of what you think others will be interested in. You don't care about popularity or anything, you're just you. " he replied

"Yea I guess so.. I mean, im nothing like the cheerleaders, that's for sure. Figured that was more your type though, more than a plain old 'Tom boy' like me" I say

"Thank god for that." He says laughing
"We don't need anymore of that breed in the world. Cheerleaders are something else that's for sure. Definitely not my type. I want someone I can be real with, have actual interesting conversations with, and go out and willingly do fun things with." He answers putting his hands in his pockets and shrugging.
I can't help but smile. I look down at my shoes to hide my blushing face.
"Hey what are you doing Friday night?" He asks.

"Nothing that I know of, maybe hang out with Anna. Why?"

"I have the big homecoming football game. You should come. There's typically a big party afterwards at the Captains house.. you remember where that is right?" He says winking at me "bring your friends!"

"Okay. I'll let you know." I say smiling up at him. "I better get going, Tanner's probably waiting at the car for me. I'll see you around Tyler." I say as I head towards to parking lot again.