Chapter 49

Brett and I went out to the bleachers by the football field for privacy. We decided to skip class until I had calmed down enough to go back into the school.

"What are you thinking?" She asks me

"I don't know. Right now I'm just hoping that I'm not pregnant, just sick."

"Are you late?"

"Little over two weeks.. I didn't notice with everything going on." I shrug

"Want me to go get a test? We can do it together, you don't have to go through any of this alone, b. I'm here" she grabs my shaking hands out of my lap and holds them.

"I think I need to tell ty." I finally admit it to myself

"But b he doesn't HAVE to know" she adds emphasis to the word 'have'. "You guys aren't together anymore"

"But it would be his kid"

"But it's your body, B. It's your choice" she points out.

"Yea I guess. I don't know, this is all so much to have to think about." I cradle my head in my hands and the tears begin flowing again. Brett doesn't say anything, rather rubs my back and comforts me while I release my built up emotions.

We hear the bell ring signalling that it is lunch time. Hard to believe that we had spent the whole morning out here. Time flies when your life is falling apart.

Brett and I sat in silence for a while longer before being interrupted.

"Are you okay" a soft voice asked as it approached the bleachers.

I look up and find myself staring into the only eyes that could comfort me right now. The only person that I want to be with through all of this.

TYLER SMITH

"Are you okay?" I ask in a quiet voice in hopes I don't scare her away.

I can't stand seeing her upset, I could help myself but make sure she's okay. Her swollen, bloodshot eyes meet mine and she lets out a heavy sob.

"I'm going to go meet the girls for lunch. Are you okay, B?" Brett asks hesitantly before she takes off.

I take the hint and slide myself onto the bench next to her. I take B in my arms and I can feel her sobs getting larger. We sit silently, her cradled in my arms for a while before she calms enough for her to pull away. Her face is flushed, cheeks streaked with tears, exhaustion taking over.

"What's wrong, B?"

B hesitates. I can tell she doesn't want to tell me.

"You don't have to tell me. I don't need to know, I can just be here" I offer

"No I need to tell you. You need to know. I just don't know how" she sniffles and brings her eyes to mine.

"You know you can tell me anything, Judgement free, remember? " I remind her

"I know.." she trails off and snuggles her head into my chest.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" I suggest. "We can go anywhere."

"Can we go to your house?"

"Of course, my doors always open for you." I pull her tighter into my chest.