Chapter 24

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
My alarm wakes me up. Monday again.

My weekend consisted mainly of myself trying to avoid contact with my brother or friends. Avoid the topic of the dance, and most importantly, of Tyler. I texted him after the dance Friday night, to apologize for what had happened, he read it, but I never heard back from him.

My stomach was unsettled all weekend, I knew something wasn't right. Maybe tanner was right: maybe I am just another one of his girls for locker room stories. Maybe I never meant a thing to him.
I made my best effort to keep my mind off the topic, because every time it went there tears would sting my eyes. I was bracing myself to have my heart broken.

I get myself ready for school, paying close attention to every detail. I want to make sure I look a little extra good today. I went with something a little more risky.
I wore black jeans, a tight black cropped tank top, and black vans. I made sure my makeup was done to perfection, dark shadows and winged eyeliner. I know Tyler has a weird kink for the bad girl look, and I need all of his attention that I can get, since texting isn't enough anymore. I hop in the passenger seat of the car and tanner drives us to school.

I walk straight to my locker, I try not to make eye contact with anyone as I pass them through the halls. I open my locker a few things fall to the ground, I bend down to pick them up. I grasp a soft piece of black material, I open my hand to look at it and realize it's my thong from Friday night.
"What the fuck?" I mutter to myself.
I pick up the other thing that fell to the ground- a folded piece of paper. I unfold it, and begin reading the note.

I'm really sorry for what happened. I can't see you anymore, it's not good for either of us. Xx
-T

Tears immediately start to well in my eyes. I slam my locker and sprint outside. I need air. I need to process what the fuck is going on right now. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?! How can he just stop seeing me, just like that? Just move on without closure.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and dial his number. I have nothing else to lose at this point..
It rings multiple times before going to voice mail. I hang up and try it again- same thing. Anger, frustration, and heart ache, rush through me. I have to go to the bathroom and hide out until I can calm down. I can't go to class like this. I can't let anyone I know see me like this.

I head towards the bathroom on the first floor, I know Tyler's locker and homeroom are on the third floor and it's the safest bet to avoid seeing him. I hang out in the bathroom for a while and compose myself before making my way to homeroom. My class was right by the back school entrance that leads to the student parking. I round the corner to my class with my head down to avoid contact with anyone.

Out of nowhere I bump into what feels like a brick wall. It sends my books flying onto the floor, followed by myself.

"What the fuck." I mumble while I grab for my books.
A large hand grazes mine as it grabs for the same book as me. I look up to see who I had collided with. My eyes meet glossy, bright blue eyes full of sorrow, pain.

"I'm sorry." Tyler says.
He looks down so I can't see his face. His Blonde hair has been untouched, it's shaggy and falling in his eyes. I can tell that he's just as upset about everything as I am. He rushes to his feet to continue down the hall.

"Tyler, wait." I plead.

"B. We can't- I mean, I can't do this." He responds shaking his head.

I finally make it to my feet before he turns away again. His eyes widen at the sight of me. He tilts his head and his brow behinds to furrow. His hand goes to his hair, flipping it up and out of his eyes- his eyes that were now full of hunger and frustration.

"Fuck b. Why are you doing this to me. You know how hard this is already." He whispers, tears begin to build in his eyes.

"Tyler, please just talk to me." I continue to plead him for an explanation. "I just need to process everything. I need a reas-"

"B. You're brother was ready to fucking kill me. That's the reason. I'm doing this for both of us." He cuts me off.

"Can we please just figure this out. Just talk one last time so I understand what's going through your head?" I gab for his hand.

"You're fucking insane, b. You know exactly what's going through my head- it's the same as what's going through yours. I fucking can't stand not talking to you, seeing you.. fucking touching you. Jesus Christ lets go." He says abruptly, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the door to his truck