Chapter 14

I walk into the cafeteria and scan the tables for my friends. I notice a hand waving at me and walk towards it. As I approach the table the girls go quiet. I weasel my way between Emily and Anna. Brett looks me in the eyes and bursts out laughing.

"B you're so bad at hiding your emotions!" She manages to say.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I awkwardly spit out.

"You're face is bright red, you're smiling, and chewing your lip. Those are all of your signs! What just happened ?!" She kicks me under the table.

"Nothing!!" I insist.

"Ya okay.." Emily says rolling her eyes at me. Anna grabs my arm "TELL US!" She pleads.

"You guys, nothing happened. I just couldn't find my bag so I had to go back to get it out of last periods classroom!"

"You're the all time worst liar. But okay, whatever you say, boss. " Brett says sarcastically.

Just then my phone goes off.

Unknown number: hey cutie ;)

•••

I finish my dinner and head straight to my room to complete my homework. I poop myself in my desk chair, grab my phone, and spin myself around in the chair.

2 new messages

Tyler: I can't stop thinking about earlier.

Tyler: so you going to take me up on that offer for this evening?

I find myself nervously chewing my lip again. This boy really does something to me.

Me: what are you thinking?

I throw my phone back onto my desk and open up my books. I get half way through my last question when my phone goes off.

Tyler: I can pick you up, we can grab a coffee and we can go for a drive or something? I just want to talk to you and get to know you more. :)

Me: that's a very mature thing to say ;) god you're old

Me: I would love to, but you can't pick me up at home, what if tanner sees you?

Tyler: oh fuck. I didn't even think of that..
can you walk down the road to the park and I'll meet you there? Say 8:30?

Me: I'll be there!

Tyler: can't wait. :)

I look at the time. 8:01. I have 20 minutes to finish my homework before I have to leave.

•••

I approach the park and see a shadow leaning against a red pick up. My heart starts to beat faster as I walk towards him. His broad shoulders come towards me. The street light hits his perfect face as he gets closer.

"Hey B. " he says as he cups my face in his hands and plants a kiss on my forehead. "Shall we?" He says in a British accent, extending his arm to me.

He opens my door and helps me into his truck. He walks to the driver door and flings it open. He hoists himself in effortlessly. The engine roars as it starts and he starts down the street.
He grabs my hand and bring it to his lips, gently kissing it.

"How was my girls day?" He asks.

I find myself speechless. MY girl? Ive known this guy for two weeks. And hung out with him a handful of times. What?! My heart is racing. I feel my palms begin to sweat. I can't believe this guy is into me. Tyler clears his throat as a way to get my attention.

"Oh sorry, it was alright. My lunch was the beat part though." I say slyly

"And why is that?" He winks at me

"I had really good Mac and cheese." I say joking

"GOOD ONE!" Tyler shouts in a mocking tone, hitting my shoulder and rolling his eyes.

We drove around for about 30 minutes before he pulled off to a secluded area. He hops out of the truck, rounds his way to my door and helps me out. We walk down a short path that leads to a large open field.

"Ever been here?" He asks me as he spreads a blanket across the ground and makes himself comfortable on it.

"Nope, can't say I have." I respond as I follow his lead.

He lays back, pulling me with him. I place my head on his chest so I can hear his heart beat.

"I come here when I need an escape from reality " he confesses. He pulls me closer, reaches down and grabs my leg, pulling it across his body so we are fully cuddling. I hear a sigh of relief come from him as he rests his head back. "This is the closest place that you can actually see all of the stars." He says motioning towards the dark sky.

I prop myself up and tilt my head so I can see the twinkling lights in the sky above us. Tyler places his hand on my cheek. I look back down and see him smiling up at my. He pulls my face towards his and starts kissing me. I wrap ya available arm around him, so I can entwine my fingers in his hair. I ball my hand into a fist slightly tugging his hair as he requests entrance to my mouth. I part my lips, allowing him in. Our tongues begin exploring before fighting for dominance.

Tyler pushes my body so that I'm on top of him, straddling him. His hands travel down my sides and rest on my hips. He adjusts himself beneath me and I can feel his growth against my leg. Excitement rushes through me. I take his lip between my teeth and begin training kisses along his jaw line, and down the side of his neck.

Tyler let out a deep breath full of pleasure and let his head fall back. I felt his hands travel further down my sides and begin groping my butt. He pushed my hips down, encouraging me to grind myself against his growing member.

I raise my head back to his and press my lips to his once more. Tyler cupped my face in his hands and pulled our faces apart. We are both left Breathing heavily, smiling at each other. Tyler managed to gather his thoughts and spoke softly,
"As much as I don't want to stop what's happening, I don't want either of us to end up doing something we regret."