Chapter 30

Just then my phone vibrates.

Tyler: just bumped into tanner. Asked if I knew where you were, then threatened me again. You know, typical older brother stuff. ;)

"Tyler just bumped into Tanner. We can leave now" I say as I show Brett my phone.

"Uhm, B. I don't think I was supposed to see that message.. but damn girl." Brett says as she grabs my phone with a wide grin on her face

I snatch my phone back to look at what she was talking about. Tyler must have sent another message. Oh god. He did.

Tyler: can we finish that later? My body's still in overdrive, I need to feel you.

I feel my cheeks get hot as blood rushes to my face. Brett slaps my arm excitedly.

"B ARE YOU GOING TO?!" She asks

"I-I don't know." I say shyly

"It's risky with everything that's happened but I mean.. how fucking hot. B you have to keep me in the loop. I'm living vicariously through you guys now!"

"You seriously need a life Brett!" I tease her as I creek the door open. There's a swarm of drunk teenagers surrounding the fire. No sight of tanner. Perfect.

"Coast is clear" I whisper. I grab Brett's hand and we exit the change room.

Brett and I make our way back to the cooler, we each grab a drink and then continue to the fire to join everyone else. We position ourselves in a large group as though we were there the whole time.

Another close call. My brother really needs to mind his own business and I really need to watch my back.

•••

"I'm going to go pee" I shout at Brett over the noise.

"Want me to come?" She asks

"No it's okay! Just stay here so I know where to find you."

"Ohhhh. You're going for a pee! I gotcha!" Brett says winking.

"No not like that! I swear! I'm actually going to the bathroom!" I roll my eyes as I turn away.

I start walking towards the girls bathroom. Aw man, there's a line up. I can't hold it that long, I'll just squat in the trees along the edge of the beach. I continue past the bathrooms and up to the tree line. Once I'm separated by a clump of trees I pull down my my shorts and bathing suit and lean my weight against the trunk of a tree.

As I finish up and pull my bottoms up, I hear some rustling in the bushes near by. I hurry, and fumble with my button.

"Look what we have here." A voice says as a silhouette emerges from the shadows. Hes tall and muscular. His eyes are dark, almost black. They're piercing- but not in a good way. I stumble backwards as he comes closer to me.

"Woah where do you think you're going?" He asks. A devilish smirk spreading across his sharp face.

"I-I-I Uhm." I struggle to find words.

"I. I. I. I what?!" He mocks

"I better g-get back to my friends.." I tell him. I turn to run back to the fire but something stops me. My hand is stuck. I whip my head around to his face merely inches from my own. His hands are gripping my wrists so tight that I can no longer feel my hands.

"Not on my watch" he snorts in my face.
"What's a sexy girl like yourself doing wandering around on your own? Hm? Shouldn't your boyfriend be watching you, you know, to make sure some pervert doesn't take advantage of you?" He winks at me.

"P-please let me go. I just had to use the bathroom. My brother and friends are probably wondering where I am." I plead

"Let's let them wonder, shall we?" He says as he forces my tense body towards his.

"HELP! SOMEONE HEL-" he clamps his large hand over my mouth so My screams are muffled.

"Shut up before you make it worse for yourself!" He spits his words at me.