Chapter 29

Tyler drops me to my feet. We both stand there, startled and unsure of what to do next. Fuck. We can't be caught together.

"What the fuck do we do?" I mouth to Tyler.

He is left breathing heavily, and face flush from what took place moments ago. Panic overcomes his expression as he shrugs and put his hand to his temple.

"B! I know it's you. Let me in, Tanner's looking for you." I recognize the voice.

"It's just Brett. She won't tell anyone, and she'll help us cover. I promise. Just let her in" I whisper.

"God damn it. Of course this would happen now." He rolls his eyes and nods his head, giving me permission to let Brett in. We pull our suits back on before I unlatch the door and Brett sneaks through the crack I provide her.

"Jesus Christ you two can't fucking stay apart can you." Brett whispers, rolling her eyes at me. Her body turns towards Tyler and her hand extends in his direction. "I'm Brett. Nice to finally, formally meet yo- oh wow, we're you guys running a marathon in here? What's with the breathing and red faces?" She says with a wink. Tyler lets out an awkward giggle at her comment.

I could hit her right now, but we have bigger issues at the moment.

"So what do we do?" I ask her

"Tyler should leave first, let tanner see him out around the fire with other people. Tyler you text us when that happens, and then we'll sneak out so he doesn't suspect you guys were.. working out or anything" She nudges my shoulder. She just loves embarrassing me and making my life unbearable.

"Uh.. ya I can't leave yet." Tyler mumbles.

"What? Why not?" I question him.

Tyler motions to his lower half with his head. "Ya know.."

"B he has a hard on because you guys were getting it on in here" Brett blurts our with the biggest grin on her face.

"No. We were, Uhm, we were just talking and.. b's half naked in her bathing suit. Nothing happened!" Tyler tries his hardest to cover.

"She's not dumb.. she knows. But, Oh my god, Brett. Leave it alone" I shove her arm. I can't help but blush while trying to hold back my smile.

"It's obvious the way you guys ogle over each other." Another eye roll gets thrown Tyler's way. "Not bad tho, b." She smirks, staring down Tyler's body.

Tyler and I look at each other, I shrug and Tyler let's out a nervous chuckle.

•••

We finally escape the change room and find ourselves stuck back in the flood of hot bodies on the beach.

"Okay. What the hell happened in there,B?!" Brett screeches.

"Nothing, stop!"

"B. I won't say a word. You know I won't." She says placing her hand over her heart. "You can't get busy with Tyler smith- the most popular boy in school- and NOT tell me about it! Come on!"

"Okay fine. But if word gets out, I know it was you!" I say, grabbing her hand and dragging her to an empty bench so we can sit. "He added me on Facebook, and we started talking online. Then we went to his party, we danced, then talked in person. And then it all just kind of happened. I don't know, we hang out a few times a week, he picks me up at the park down the road. He's really sweet Brett, like REALLY sweet. Tanner has him all wrong, he's never even had a girl in his room! Well other than myself and his last girlfriend."

"You really like him eh? I can see it all over your face just watching you talk about him." She says with a smile. "Just be careful, you never know. Plus this is already a difficult situation for you"

"I know. I know. Trust me, I have my guard up" my mind wanders to what happened at the dance- "... well, most of the time" I add with a giggle.

"Excuse me?" Brett raises her eye brows at me. "B YOU DID NOT SLEEP WITH THE QUARTERBACK!" She adds, punching me in the arm.

I just let out an uncomfortable, awkward laugh.

"How was it?!"

"Amazing. I can't stop thinking about it." I gush. "He was so careful, and patient.. and passionate. He drives me crazy, in the BEST way."

"Okay but like.. is he good? He looks like he's packing.." 

"I don't know! I have nothing to compare it to! It kind of hurt for a second, but then it was SO GOOD , i thought he was amazing. He knew all the right moves."

"Is that what I interrupted..?" Brett asks

"Well.."

"B, YOU DOG YOU!.. SERIOUSLY?!"

"Yea, I mean we weren't yet.. but like we were about to. He was just getting a.. ya know"

"A-a cooondooom." Brett says, teasing me. "Fuck eh, who would have thought you'd be the first in the group to lose it! And to someone like him!"

I can't say I disagree. I'm also still in disbelief that he is into someone like me. He could literally have any girl in the school, and he's choosing me..