Chapter 25

He opens the door and shoved me in the passenger seat before hopping in and peeling out of the student parking. Tyler's hands are gripping the wheel so hard that his knuckles are turning white. He drifts into his drive way and turns the truck off.

"Tyler I-" I don't get the chance to finish my thought before he stretches across the bench seat, cutting me off with his mouth against mine. His kiss is aggressive and passionate.

"You really think I want this to happen? You really think I want to end this, B? You fucking drive my insane. You're the only girl who's ever had this kind of pull over me. I would do anything for you. I would do anything to...." he can't finish his thought without choking. a tear trails down his cheek. I cup his face, then wipe it gently away with my thumb. Tyler grabs my hand and hold it between his "I don't even know what to do with myself anymore." He whispers, staring into his lap.

I pull his head up with my free hand so that our eyes meet. For a moment we just take each other in before I break the silence,
"Tyler, we don't have to end things. Just be more cautious for now. Until everything blows over."

"You don't understand, what we did- I mean when we, you know.. on Friday at the dance? That's technically illegal. I could get in so much trouble, lose everything, have no shot at going to school.. i don't know, it's just a lot." He says shaking his head

"Hey, listen, I wouldn't ever turn that dark on you. I wouldn't ever sabotage your future like that. It was my idea, and you asked me numerous times to make sure I was okay with it. Nobody has to know, until it's allowed and acceptable to be together. We'll just continue what we're doing, but be much more careful about when and where." I shrug, hopeful that he agrees.

"I don't know. I guess I'm willing to try. I want to be with you, B, no matter how hard it may be." He says. A smile spreading across his face as he leans in to touch his lips to my forehead. Tyler lets out a chuckle. "Literally everyone would kill us if they found out we're together. We have to play it as safe as possible, babe"

My heart jumps at the sound of him saying we're together. I lean into him and nuzzle myself into his shoulder so he can't see me blush. "I love it when you call me that."

"Good. Because you're mine, and I don't want that to change. " he reassures me with a squeeze.