Chapter 46

I spent most of the weekend in bed racking my brain on what to do. I've been thinking non stop about the things Tyler had said Friday after school. I couldn't get his glassy, tear filled, blue eyes out of my head. My stomach has been turning since he left my house after that conversation. I think my anxiety is getting the best of me.  I do over think the best of things, let alone something that's actually worth over thinking..

more tired that usual, I pull myself out of bed and stumble towards my bathroom. The smell of bacon cooking downstairs hits my nose and I immediately feel more sick than I had all weekend. I sprint to the toilet and relieve the sickness into the toilet. Ugh. I totally have the flu, great. BUT this means extra time away from school, which is a bonus right about now.

"Mom!" I holler from the bathroom floor.

My mom appears in the doorway moments later. "Oh hunny! Ill run to the store and grab some Ginger-ale before work." She just knew from looking at me that I wasn't going to be leaving my room again. " I'll call the school right now and tell them you won't be coming in. " she finishes before handing me a wet washcloth and leaving my room. She truly is a blessing.

Once my stomach has settled enough I pull my ass up and haul it back into my bed. I curl myself into a ball and cocoon myself in my blankets. My eyes close heavily and I fall back asleep almost instantly.

TYLER SMITH

I wandered the halls aimlessly between classes- even skipped practice in hopes to see her around school but nothing. She didn't come at all today. Is she really that upset with me? What if she never talks to me again? What if this is it? I swallow a lump in my throat at the thought.

"Hey man!" One of the boys slaps my back. "Missed you at praccy, everything okay?"

"Yea man, just swamped with homework and had to catch up is all. I'll be around tomorrow." I lie through my fake smile.

I spot Brett walking out the doors and run after her. "Brett! " I try to get her attention. Nothing. I finally catch her before she gets in the car. "Brett!" I say again as I grab her shoulder, gaining her attention.

"Oh hey." She says. Not sounding the slightest bit pleased to see me.

"Hey, erm.. have you, uh, talked to-"

She cuts me off

"B? Not really. She hasn't left her room since Friday. Stayed home sick today. Don't blame her though" Brett rolls her eyes at me

"Look I get it. I hate me too. Can you please just make sure she's okay?"

"Ya I'm going there now to do that." She says before disappearing into the car and it driving away.

God damn. Everyone seems to hate me now.