Chalter 47

"Hey sleepy head. How you feeling?" I open my eyes to Brett's concerned face laying beside me in bed.

"Better than this morning." I grumble. Still half asleep. "I'm just exhausted" I pull myself into a sitting position on my bed.

"You look it, no offence" she puts her hands up in surrender

"Shut up!" I let a giggle out "how was school, did I miss much?"

"Not really, the usual. You'll catch up tomorrow." She shrugs "but.."

"But what?" I urge her to finish her thought

"Ty stopped me on my way out of the school. Have you really ghosted him?"

"Ya I'm tired of the drama that comes along with him. I love him, but I just can't handle it anymore. I need space for a little bit." I admit. Saying it out loud makes it set it that I'm single again. I feel my eyes fill with hot tears.

"Aw, B. It's ok. You have to do what feels right for you." Brett pulls me into her arms.

"I know. I still have to tell him- face him" I'm dreading it already

"Just call him if it's easier. I know you, you won't be able to say no to his face if you do love him that much." She gives a smirk.

"Ya. You're right. I guess I should do that before I go back tomorrow. I'll call him once you leave." I decide.

"Ok. I gotta go home, told mom I'd help her tonight. Call me if you need anything ok?" She says before giving me a quick squeeze and heading out.

I dial Tyler's number into my phone and take a deep breath before pressing the call button.

"B?" His voice is hopeful.

"Ya."

"I'm so glad you called. How are you feeling?"

"Better. I just wanted to talk to you about what we said Friday." I'm short with him. I just want this call to be over.

"What about it?"

"Uhm, I thought about it over the weekend and we'll.. " my voice trails off

"Well?"

"Tyler, I can't do this anymore. I can't be with someone who has constant drama following them. I know it's not your fault. I know you don't love it either, but I'm not used to it. It's just too much. " I finally get it off my chest.

"Please don't do this." Tyler pleads with me

"I'm sorry, I really am. I wish things were different. I wish I could rub it all off like you do, but I just can't. " I admit

"The last thing I want is for you to be hurt so I understand. It kills me but I get it, I guess." His voice is low and shaky

"I'm sorry, babe" I say again

"No. Don't call me that." His voice is full of frustration "why would you do that?"

"It's just habit, I'm sorry. It just came out.. I didn't mean to.."

"I gotta go- later, B" his voice is cracking, I can tell he's trying not to cry as he hangs up.

My heart is beyond heavy knowing that it's over. Knowing that I can't snuggle into him, or talk to him like I have for the past year. Tears start streaming down my cheeks and I bury myself into my blankets again.