Chapter 50

"I've missed this" he admits. We're curled up in his bed, his arms wrapped around me making me feel safe. The warmth of Tyler calms me down and I breath in his usual clean scent. I nuzzle into his neck in response.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks

"No. But we have to." I pull my head back so I can see his face.

"Whenever you want to, B. No rush. You don't even have to tell me if you don't want to."

"Tyler.. I have to tell you- because it's yours" I blurt out

I watch Tyler's expression tangle. Confusion all over his face. I can tell hes trying to piece things together "What are you talking about?"

"Tyler I think I'm pregnant" I feel yet another tear escape and roll down my cheek.

Tyler's soft hand cups my face and gently wipes the tear. He lifts my head to look at him. His face is full of concern.

"B. We will figure this out" is all he said before pressing his lips to my forehead and pulling me back into him.

TYLER SMITH

The feeling of having B back in my arms is euphoric. My stomach is full of butterflies and my chest feels like it's going to explode with joy.

"Tyler.. I have to tell you- because it's yours" the words flood out of her mouth so bluntly.

I'm so happily distracted that I almost miss what she's saying. I replay the words in my head before responding "what are you talking about?"

B brings her eyes to mine. A single tear escapes her  "Tyler. I think I'm pregnant" she looks down again as though ashamed.

My heart drops at the words. A million thoughts start running through my mind. I can't imagine being a father right now. I'm terrified. What does she want to do? Will she want to keep it? What does that say about our future? We aren't even together anymore. One thought is outweighing them all though: I love this girl and I'm going to do whatever it takes to support her through this.

With that realization hitting me, I bring my hand to her face, lifting it so her eyes meet mine. They're piercing blue from crying. Her nose and cheeks red and hot. I catch the tear as it rolls down her cheek.

"B. We will figure this out" is all I manage to say before kissing her forehead and pulling her back into me. We lay in silence for a while before I break it. "I'm so grateful you came to me" I mumble into her hair.

"I didn't know what else to do." She admits.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but have you taken a test?"

"Not yet. I was hoping we could do it together. I can't imagine doing any of this without you."

My heart raises from the pit of my stomach a little as she says it. As overwhelmed and scared as I am, I am so glad she just said that. "Of course."

"Can we go now?" She pulls herself up so she's sitting on my bed in front of me. She looks so naive and scared. I'll admit, I know the feeling right about now.

"Get a test?" I ask making sure we're on the same page. She nods in agreement "yes whatever you want, babe" I say as I stand and help her to her feet. I notice her crack a smile when I call her 'babe'. Such a force of habit.