Chapter 15

I had to bum a ride off of tanner this morning because I missed the bus. He has a spare first period, so I didn't get to school until shortly after second period had already started.

I walk past the main office and down the hall towards my locker. I quickly put my combination in my lock and open my locker. I reach down to grab my English book, something knocks me head first towards my locker. I gain my balance and whip around to see what was the cause.
Of course, it's Tyler. He's leaning against the lockers next to mine with his arms crossed over his chest and one leg up for support. He's wearing black athletic jogging pants, and a tight 'dry fit' top that hugged every muscle in his upper body. His hair full of damp curls, and face glistening with beads of sweat. He must have been at practice or working out.

"Hey my girl" He flashes a smile at me.

It's been three weeks since the first time he called me that, and it still makes me melt when I hear it.
"Hey Tyler Baby" I say trying not to blush: As usual.

"How are you this sunny fall morning?" He asks me

"I suppose I'm pretty good. Running late because I missed the bus. " I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Hmmm. So what you're saying is, you haven't been to class yet at all today?"

I shake my head raising my books as proof.

"Well miss. Would it be so absurd for me to request you to ditch the remainder of your classes today? To spent some time with yours truly" he says motioning towards himself.

I've never skipped anything before, but I haven't hung out with Tyler in a week. One day isn't the end of the world. My parents knew I missed the bus anyways. "Hm. I guess I'll allow that" I say with a giggle.

"Ok sweet! I'll meet you at my truck in ten!" He says excitedly, leaning down and planting a kiss on top of my head and running toward the change room.

I pull my phone out and send a text to the group chat with the girls

Me: hey girls. Not feeling good, do you mind passing along the message and letting me know what I miss?

Anna: yea for sure babe. Feel better xo

I gather my stuff and slam my locker shut. I sprint toward the back parking lot doors where Tyler always parks. I scan the lot until I spot his truck. He opens the door for me and hoists my in, rounds to the other side and climbs into the driver seat. He leans over and buckled me in, planting another sweet kiss on my forehead.

"Where to captain?" I ask

"You'll just have to wait and see my queen." He says with a wink as he pulls out of the lot.