Chapter 4

"B hurry up, we have to get going if you want time to pick your friends up!"  I heard Tanner y'all from the kitchen

I quickly grabbed my things, put them in by bag and walked out of my room. I made my way down the stairs at 9:30. I watched as tanners friends, Brady, Trent, and Jeremy's heads all snapped towards me. I stopped in my tracks as their eyes widened,
"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No, B. You look good is all." Replied Trent

I threw a mocking smile his way and continued down the stairs. Just then a football came flying out of nowhere and hit Trent in the head. I cracked up as I watched my brother come running in and tackle him jokingly.
"HEY. NO HITTING ON MY SISTER. IF ANYONES GOING TO TELL HER SHE LOOKS NICE ITS GOING TO BE ME!!" He exclaimed

"Okay losers. Let's get this show on the road. The girls are waiting for us." I said as I walked out the door.

                                   •••

We drive up a long driveway until we hear the beat of music. I glance up and see a large, beautiful home. Must be a couple million dollars. It's well lit, large write pillars in the front, and curved stone staircase up to the massive double front doors.
"Wow. This place is insane. Who's house is this?" I ask as we step out of the car.

"Uhh. He's Quarter back, I don't think you know him, B. I'll introduce you when we get inside." Tanner tells me.

We walk up the staircase to the big doorway. My brother looks at me with a dirty look and then pulls my shirt up to cover what was exposed of my chest.
I roll my eyes. He's not used to seeing me not in gym clothes is all.
I readjust my white tank top and it is still tucked into my short, ripped jean shorts. I undo the few buttons of my flannel shirt that were done up at the bottom so it hangs off my shoulders. I turn to my friends Emily, Brett, and Anna and gesture at my outfit in a questioning manner.

"Don't worry, B. You look amazing. Tanner needs to let you grow up a little" Brett reassures me.

Jeremy opens the door and we walk in. This place is a museum. Everything in exact order, not a speck of dirt.. who lets their kid have a party in a place like this? Just then I hear my brother summon me across the room.

"Hey, B." My brother waves his hand trying to get me over to him. "this is mister QB- aka, the guy that lives here! " he tells me

"I'll be right back." I tell the girls as I start walking towards him.

I make it half way across the room before I look up and focus on my brother and... no way. It couldn't be. I stop dead in my tracks as I stand no more than 6 feet away from them.

My brother smiles and introduces me.
"B, this is the reigning QB at center high."

"Nice to meet you, B. I'm Tyler. " he says, flashing a sly grin my way.