Chapter 16

Tyler takes backroads avoiding main streets through town. We end up on a side road near his house. He put the truck in park, hops out and rounds the truck to help me out. He looks excited as I take his hand and slide out of the passenger seat.

"I'm not supposed to be home, so I don't want to park my truck in front of my place in case someone sees it. It's a five minute walk from here, But I want to show you something along the way." He says smiling down at me.
I grab his hand and follow in sync with his steps. We walk through a deep ditch filled with y'all grass, it lead to a field with old train tracks. We continue walking until we reach the edge of them. Tyler begins walking on the tracks, I'm hesitant. Tyler lets out a laugh as he clues in.
"These tracks haven't been in service for like 50 years B. It's okay!" He says as he extends his hand towards me. "This is what I wanted to show you"
I take his hand in mine and join him on the tracks. We walk for about two minutes before he stops and sits on the edge of the train bridge that crosses an old country road. He looks up and me and pats beside him as an invitation. I carefully join him, our legs swinging over the edge.

"This is where I used to come when things weren't great at home." He says.
I look at him, he can clearly see the confusion on my face as he clarifies.
"Oh, B. I thought you knew the story already.. one of my older brothers got in an accident right there" he says as he points at the road beneath us.
"He rolled his car when I was 14 and I sat up here and watched as they tried to save his lifeless body. " he says looking into the distance, I can tell he is trying not to be emotional. I wrap my arm around his strong bicep and lean my head against him for reassurance. "I'm sorry, Tyler. I had no idea.."
"It's okay, B. Sometimes I forget that you're younger and may not remember some things that happened around that time." He leans down and kisses the top of my head "anyways. After he passed away my parents went through a rough patch and when things were tense at home I would come sit here because this is the last place- the last moment my life was normal. It's the only place I fee close to him." He admits with a slight shoulder shrug.
"I truly am at a loss of words, I can't even imagine if anything happened to tanner. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, Tyler. Thank you for feeling comfortable enough to share that with me, and share this with me" I say motioning towards the tracks. I look up and see him staring into his lap.
"Hey" I say as I touch his face, turning it towards mine. "Thank you." I lean in and kiss him. He lets a slight smile escape against my lips.
"You're amazing, B. I've never felt comfortable enough to share this with anyone before. " he admits as he pushes himself up onto his feet. I grab hand and follow his lead. We continue walking down the tracks until we reach his street. I can see his house from here.

He guides me around his house to the back door. We enter his home, it's sparkling as usual, but this time it is silent. I've only ever been inside his house with a hundred other people. He waves his hand for me to follow him. We race up the large marble staircase and down the hall to him room. He flings the door open and we belly flop onto his bed at the same time. He rolls into his side pulling me close to him,
"You're something else" he says laughing. "I can go from divulging my deepest secret to acting like a child with you in a matter of minutes" he says as he looks soulfully into my eyes. I reveal a sincere smile as I reach my hand up to touch his perfect face.
"I feel the same way, Tyler."
He slides his hand up my back, pulling me as close as he can in the process. This leaves our faces inches apart. I can feel his heart beat begin to race against my chest, and his hot breath on my cheek. I catch him looking at my mouth. I tilt my head up and he lowers his lips to mine.