The Night King and the Snowbird - Night King x Reader

I have had a request from sofyaaasma for another Night King imagine. So here it is. I hope you all enjoy. 🥶

The living waited. Even the most seasoned amongst them didn't know what to truly expect. But there was one that did. A woman as ancient as the Night King himself. A woman as powerful as the Night King himself. She had been created at the same time as the creature that now threatened the world. Created by the Children of the Forest to help protect them from the encroachment of the First Men. He becoming the first White Walker, she becoming the Snowbird, a creature that was said by the Children to have given birth to their world, and in turn, them.

She had faced the Night King and his army before. Choosing, despite the Night Kings pleadings, to assist the Children and First Men in the War for the Dawn. And in the end, it had been she that had forced the King and his army of the dead to the Lands of Always Winter. And into lore. But deep down she had always known that the evil creature would be back. That one day he would return to the world, bringing the scourge of his Walker army with him. She had protected the Wall and the lands beyond for millennia, keeping the magic that the Children had placed into its great ice fortification, alive. But now, now all she could do was hate herself for not finishing what she should have done, so many moons before.

"Is everything alright, my lady (Y/n)?" Jon asked, as he came up behind her. Her gaze never moving from the frozen world before her.

"He is out there. Waiting. Biding his time. He knows that I'm here. He is watching me, just as I am watching him. He is calling to me, and I must go." The lady replied, Jon staring at her in disbelief as she turned to leave.

"But my lady, we need you. If you go to him, the gods only know what he will do to you." Jon said, as he reached out and caught the woman's wrist.

"No. He will do nothing. He wishes to prove to all that this time he can defeat me, defeat us all. I sent him away with his tail between his legs once, now he wants his revenge, and he wants it in front of everyone. Slaughtering me in private will not serve his ego. So do not concern yourself for my safety. And I swear that I will return before the battle beings." The woman reassured, as she pulled away from Jon. Jon watching as she disappeared into the night, the only thing left behind, being the icy trail from her feathered tail.

                                                    >>-------------------------------<<

The Night King surveyed the scene. His eyes focusing on the flicker of the fires of the living, knowing that by the end of the next day, the scene would no longer contain fires, no longer contain the living, and all before him would be eternal winter.

He had waited so long for this moment. He had bided his time. He had survived in the Lands of Always Winter. He had sent his wights to slaughter the Children, he himself had killed the greenseeing Three-Eyed Raven. Now there was only creature that he wanted to see. The creature that he felt had betrayed him more than any other.

"She's coming." The King said quietly. The Walkers around him turning their attention to the sky as the great bird came into sight. Its giant wings leaving behind them an immense snowstorm that covered the already frozen tundra in a blanket of fresh, bright snow.

"Leave us." The King growled, as he watched the brilliant creature come to rest on the ground as delicately as one of the snowflakes that surrounded her. His eyes growing wide as he watched her transmute into her human form.

He had not seen her since she had stood against him, since she had pushed him and his army to the Lands of Always Winter. Her magic, and the magic of those that had created them keeping him from returning to claim what was rightfully his.

Even after all these long years, she was still as beautiful as ever. Not a flaw, not a line, not a single sign of age had diminished her. She was more exquisite than he could remember, more perfect, more glorious than his memories of her. And now here they were together again. Both knowing that it would be for the last time.

"You came." The Night King said quietly to the woman, as she glided effortlessly over the ice, coming to a stop in front of him.

"I heard you call. Did you not think that I would want to see you? Even after all this time, and despite everything you did, I still love you, Arren. Nothing has ever changed that." She cooed softy, as she reached up her hand and gently caressed the Kings cheek.

"If you loved me so much, then why did you stand against me? Why did you push me away? Why do you stand against me now, (Y/n)? Together we could have ruled the world." The Night King growled, as he knocked her hand away.

"You would have destroyed the world. You would have destroyed everything, even me in your campaign for power and revenge. It was because I loved you that allowed you to live, allowed you to remain in the Lands of Always Winter rather than destroying you as I should. And it is because I love you that I am here now." (Y/n) explained, as the King gripped her arms and pulled her towards him.

"Then join me. Stand by my side. You are my bride; you are my queen. Together we can bring the living to their knees. Each one will be our slave; each one will bow their heads. And you and I will rule until time ends." The King beseeched, pushing her away as she reluctantly shook her head.

"You know I cannot. I am life, you are death. We are two sides of the same coin you and I. I cannot allow you to destroy this world, Arren. I cannot allow you to bring the Long Night. I must stand by the side of the living as I stood with the Children and First Men so long ago. Our time is coming to an end. We have lived too long you and I. And when the sun rises, and our armies face one another. I will be at the head, waiting for you." (Y/n) said sadly, as she turned to walk away.

"I will make your death as quick and painless as I can, (Y/n)." The King said softly, as he reached out his hand, and placed it on her shoulder.

"And I will do you the same courtesy, Arren." (Y/n) replied as she turned to face her lover. A sad smile pulling at the corners of her lips as she gently kissed his cheek. A cheek that had once been warm, but now was nothing more than ice.

"I love you, Arryn. No matter what, I always will." (Y/n) told him, as she sadly moved away. Making her way back into the dark night, her body transforming back into the great bird as she made her way back to the living.

"I love you too, (Y/n)." The King told the winds, before turning and re-joining his army.