Tyrion's secret love

Warning: Slight angst

Tyrion had been looking for you everywhere, he heard about what Bronn had done, and he was worried.

As a ward of Tywin Lannister, Tyrion had grown up with you, and you were more like a sister than his own ever had been. Apart from Jaime, you were the only one who treated him like a normal human being, never judging him by his height, and seeing him for the man he really was.

You had grown to be his best friend, his confidant, and you were always on hand when he needed a partner for a celebration.

Despite his warnings you had taken a liking to Bronn as soon as you met him; Tyrion had told you about his reputation with women, and you had kept your distance for a while, but there was something about him that seemed to pull you back to him. You had tried to explain it to Tyrion saying it was his cockiness, his sense of humour, and his good heart that made you like him.

Tyrion had watched it start slowly, simple gestures; a look here and there, and fingers that would brush across one another as they passed. Tyrion didn't know Bronn as the kind, caring, loving type, but with you he seemed to have changed.

There was part of him that was happy for his friends, but there was the other side of him that was jealous of Bronn. Tyrion knew Bronn didn't deserve you but there was nothing he could say, and he had kept his concerns to himself; but now those concerns had been realised when he heard that you had found Bronn with another woman; and now he was searching King's landing for you, terrified of what you may do.

All your usual haunts had proved fruitless, and he was running out of ideas. He let out a deep sigh, as he noticed the nearby tavern, deciding that an ale would help him figure out his next move.

He didn't notice you when he first walked in the tavern. You weren't known to drink often, and especially not know to frequent such establishments. When he had finally seen you, he let out a sigh of relief, at least he knew you were safe.

He made his way over and sat down on the stool next to you.

"What's wrong with me Tyrion? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not as good as any of those other women? What did I do?" You asked, taking another gulp of the bitter ale in your glass.

Tyrion put his hand over yours. "There is nothing wrong with you (Y/n). You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, you are funny, and kind, and intelligent, you are everything a man could want. You did nothing, this is all Bronn's fault."

You gripped onto his smaller hand tightly. "I'm leaving King's landing Tyrion, for good; I can't stay here and see how happy he is with her."

He looked at you in shock. "No (Y/n), you can't, King's landing is the only home you've ever known, and you're the only real family I have. I promise I will make sure you never see him, I'll keep him away from you; anything you want, just don't leave. Please."

"I don't know Tyrion, everyone will know what happened by now, how can I show my face?" You said, pushing away the glass of ale. As much as you wanted to drown out the memories of what you had seen, you weren't going to let Bronn ruin anything else.

"If anyone dares say anything to you, they will have me to answer to (Y/n). Just please don't leave, I love you." He said tentatively as he looked up into her eyes, hoping that the woman he loved would stay.

A small smile kissed her lips as she looked at her friend. "Thank you, Tyrion, I don't want to leave my home and I especially don't want to leave you."

She leant down and softly kissed his lips. "I should have realised before now that you were the only man that should have ever held my interest. I have done nothing more than kiss Bronn, yet I let him turn my head from the only man I know has ever truly cared for me. I have always loved you Tyrion, but I feared that you wanted nothing more than my friendship, and I didn't want to ruin everything we had by telling you my feelings. I should have had the courage to tell you that I love you Tyrion and not settle for someone I never really did care for."

Tyrion's eyes grew wide as she made her confession. "So..........so you love me too?" He asked, unsure of what he had heard.

She cupped his face in her hands, kissing him gently on the nose, giggling as his eyes grew even wider. "Yes Tyrion. I've loved you since I can remember."

Tyrion jumped down from the stool, took your hand in his and pulled you out of the tavern.

"(Y/n), I'm taking you home, and we are going to let all of Kings landing hear how much we love one another."